Team Monthly Stats

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

GDF

Team Monthly Stats

Post by GDF »

I'll keep this simple, though there's probably a more complex reason why it's the case.

Team "easyDNS", which I do my folding for, is not listed in the top 100 team monthly statistics for January. Yet, I kept records starting on 1/4/21, and can see 590,000,000+ credits for just the top 5 donors to the team.

GDF
JimboPalmer

Re: Team Monthly Stats

Post by JimboPalmer »

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com ... =&t=248458

According to EOC, yours is team 241 from the top.
Last edited by JimboPalmer on Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
GDF

Post by GDF »

Oh. My. God. That is an awesome utility. And it proves my point. Thanks!
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

Without going through a lot of teams it would be hard for me to say what it would take to make the top 100. In any case that will not be finalized for January until sometime later this week when the scripts update various rankings. But while 590 million credits, about 700 million total for the team may be good enough to keep you moving up the ranks, you have to realize there are teams in the top 100 with individuals getting credited for more points than your whole team.

As it is, the team listed currently in 100th place on the official stats page has been credited with about 865 million points during January so far.

The third party stats site EOC can provide some of these statistics on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis - https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com ... ist.php?s=

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
GDF

Post by GDF »

So maybe I'm just looking like an idiot here because the stats update on some schedule that I don't understand. But I'm beginning to think the "Team Monthly" page has no actual grounding in reality, easily seen by looking at it now: "Team Statistics for February, 2021", which, even though February is 21 minutes old, has trillions of points displayed. And clicking on the "Previous Month" button, which takes you to "Team Statistics for January, 2021", shows the bottom team Kanazawa with about 248 million points.
novosirj
Hardware configuration: Spare cycles on multiple supercomputers.

Post by novosirj »

There's some nuance to this, as I understand it, which might be why people are confused. There is one version of stats that I believe I read takes into account the recency of contributions to ensure that it's not just teams that started a long time ago that make it near the top.