Promotional Materials for F@H

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

sekramer10

Promotional Materials for F@H

Post by sekramer10 »

If I want to promote F@H are there available promotional materials such as posters, stickers, advertisements, and such?

Thanks,
Stephen
iero

Re: Promotional Materials for F@H

Post by iero »

Bump, would like some sort of forum banner too! ;)
GPU only
RTX 3060 12GB Gigabyte Gaming OC [currently mining]
Folding since 14/02/2021
JimboPalmer

Post by JimboPalmer »

Call me cynical, but Folding@Home is the product of Biochemistry Majors, not Marketing Majors.

Their Marketing skills are not stressed in any phase of their life.
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
ajm

Post by ajm »

Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

There are some graphics and other items available, I don' have current links. I did send a message to a group member who may be able to give your some links.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Anton Thynell
Pande Group Member

Post by Anton Thynell »

Hello! Thanks for poking me Joe_H,
So what we have today is this media kit:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
If you create something that you want to donate to us you can email me at anton@foldingathome.org

What that what you were looking for?
sekramer10

Post by sekramer10 »

Yes these products look pretty good. What I was thinking though was like a poster I could put up at local stores that says something like: "Join the World's Largest Supercomputer with Your Computers at Home and Work and Save the World!" to get someone's attention that normally wouldn't even have a clue what the colored blobs and Folding@Home are about at all. I'm talking about completely science illiterate people, the other hundreds of millions of people that have computers that could be working on these problems for humanity. How would you convince such a person to install this software on their computer? 1. They are skeptical! VERY skeptical! You have to convince them on their terms. I tried with my local neighborhood bulletin board and didn't get much response, but it seems to me it should be a No-Brainer, that every computer produced should have F@H pre-installed on it and it runs without users even knowing it's there. It should have been announced on CNN every day what you guys were doing! No offense but you need something bigger than the company logo to advertise what you're doing!
bruce

Post by bruce »

This discussion diverged from the original topic. I've split it. The new topic is now here:Subject: Thoughts on optimizing the assignment process
sekramer10

Post by sekramer10 »

@ajm

FYI I ordered some things from the teespring shop, I don't know if you're involved with the store, but I was disappointed in the mask. It doesn't have a nose wire, and it doesn't have the pocket inside for a filter. Its not a good mask design functionally, but I'm wearing as a cover over another mask. I think you should source a better mask design, I recommend producing sevrrsl different styles but all with better functional qualities.
ajm

Post by ajm »

Thank you for the feedback! I'm not associated in any way with that offering or with FAH (apart from folding on my system), though, I just found that page online.
I think it should be addressed to Anton Thynell, who is chairman of the Communication Advisory Board and Head of Communication for FAH: https://foldingathome.org/communication-advisory-board/
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=23796
ericmonroes

Post by ericmonroes »

That is really interesting promotional materials. Thanks. I researched and found Belkins for b2b leads the research. When a salesperson calls up a list of potential clients they are trying to determine if they are someone that will be interested in what you have to offer. If you do not have a way to measure whether or not a person is even likely to buy your product or service, you are leaving a huge opening for other people. This is why many organizations use lead tracking software.