The program to only run when pc has been inactive

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

khaldrogo

The program to only run when pc has been inactive

Post by khaldrogo »

5 reasons Why you Should Own a Cordless Robot Vacuum

If you are shopping for a vacuum cleaner with the least human input, let’s think of a robot vacuum cleaner. There is no doubt that the invention of robot vacuums is important in our fast-paced social lifestyle.

Like any other type of vacuum cleaners, the basic function of this is to collect dirt and dust from the area. However, one thing that differentiates a robot vacuum with other good vacuum cleaners is that it can be operated with no human input. It is totally an innovative product of artificial intelligence.

Important Site: Best Vacuum Cleaners Reviews Thekinglive

How to use a robot vacuum?

A robot vacuum uses sensors to identify its surrounded surface. To use it, you can simply install an app on a smart device (e.g: tablet, smartphone). Via Bluetooth, you can connect and set a scheduled time for the vacuum’s performance. It sounds smart and easy, correct?

This also explains why a robot vacuum is often listed in one of the “highest rated vacuum cleaners”. The price of a robot vacuum is high. However, the benefits brought to our daily life are valuable. Given below is a list of five main reasons why you should have a robot vacuum in your house:

Reasons why you should own a cordless robot vacuum

1. Saves your time

Have you ever wondered how a robot vacuum saves you time? Let’s imagine if you have many tasks to do at the same time. As a daily routine, your to-do list often includes working, cooking, cleaning, taking care of children, and feeding the pets.

In this scenario, if you have a robot vacuum in your house, you will have no worry about cleaning tasks and use your time to focus on the remaining duties.

2. Smart vacuum device

For some up-to-date models, you can use your voice to control your cordless vacuum cleaner. Some even can do more than what we expect. Take iRobot Roomba s9+ product as an example of an advanced vacuum cleaner. It costs approximately $2,000.00, but you will get value for the money spent.

One of the highlighted features of this product is the ability to automatically clean up by itself. Today, Top Rated Vacuum Cleaners are trying to develop a product which is not only to save people’s time but also to save the environment in the long run.

3. Works efficiently

Today, some robot vacuum models are able to automatically transition between carpeted floors and wooden areas.

When the battery is low, a robotic vacuum can navigate itself to the docking station for recharging processes.

Do not worry if you are far from home, remember that you can always switch off the device using your own smartphone or tablet.

4. Small, lightweight and easy to store

A robot vacuum weighs approximately 3.4 kgs and very small in size (around 13.4 inches). Thus, you can easily leave it in any corner of your house after use.

5. Ease of use

The robot vacuum is useful for the elderly and those who have disability issues as it offers a hands-free solution so it is one of the Best vacuum cleaner reviews. Once the operating schedule is set and the machine is programmed, you are free to go and let the machine work for you.

Conclusion

It is obvious that everyone can truly benefit from owning a cordless robot vacuum cleaner. If you have more to share from your experiences, please feel free to leave your comments in the comments section below.
Last edited by khaldrogo on Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:52 am, edited 5 times in total.
JimboPalmer

Re: The program to only run when pc has been inactive

Post by JimboPalmer »

Welcome to Folding@Home!

The client relies of the host OS to know when to un-pause,, so the rules vary by OS.

For Windows, it relies on the screen saver coming on, so adjusting when the screensaver comes on is the control you have.

For MacOS, it uses keyboard and mouse timers, so just not playing with them starts Folding.

As I understand Linux, if you have a GUI subsystem, it uses the timeout in that GUI.

So there is no 'internal' F@H time to be idle.

[I am just a folder like you, so I could be wrong]

(I am having flashbacks to when a co-worker set my screensaver to come on in 1/100 of a second. Like typing on a tachistoscope!)
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
calxalot
Site Moderator

Re: The program to only run when pc has been inactive

Post by calxalot »

The docs are out of date.

I’m pretty sure you need to use the FAH screen saver on Windows. Screen blank might also work. I can’t remember.

Idle on macos is when the login window is showing, or when the screen is put to sleep by the computer.
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=36063&p=342336&hilit=Idle+login+window#p342336

Idle on Linux uses a user idle timer, but it is broken on many distos.