How to update existing username with passkey

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

darose

How to update existing username with passkey

Post by darose »

I've been using FAH for quite some time and have accumulated a good number of points. (Over 2 million.) I wanted to update my configuration with a passkey today. But when I put the passkey into my config, I saw that the software set my points back to zero.

Is there any way to update to use a passkey with my existing username, without having to lose all my points?
JimboPalmer

Re: How to update existing username with passkey

Post by JimboPalmer »

Welcome to Folding@Home!

Every combination of Name, Team, and Passkey is a separate 'bucket' and can be examined separately.

However, there are also ways to see all point for a name.

Lets pretend you fold as darose, then https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com ... =&u=902645 should show all your points,
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: How to update existing username with passkey

Post by Joe_H »

You never lose the points, all you are seeing is the client reporting based on a specific view of a combination of username and passkey. If you search on the official stats site by just you username you will see all of your points. If you username is not unique, you will also see points credited to other persons.

The stats can currently be searched by just your username, or by a combination of username and team. The first is not necessarily unique, the second should be. Currently the client software is the only method of searching that includes the passkey.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3