loosing my settings

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

wandelfalke

loosing my settings

Post by wandelfalke »

Hellouw

hope i´m right here in this section.
am i a new folder and have a little problem.

i go into the advanced controls --> configure --> Slots --> delete both GPUs and set manually the cpu ( edit, setting number of CPUs.. SAVE )
all seems ok and he is folding and folding ...
but, after a longer time in the screensaver or after reboot, the settings are gone.
CPU on full power, GPU is running .... pc slow as hell and i got reboots after a longer time afk.
takes me some time to go back to MY settings because CPU is at near 100% ...

when this is normal, i wont use this folder anymore

thanks
toTOW
Site Moderator

Re: loosing my settings

Post by toTOW »

Don't delete the GPU slots but pause them. The client has a (stupid) feature that will automatically add GPU slots when they are detected (basically, on client start up).

If none of the configuration is kept (user name, team number, slot settings, ...), then you have an issue with how you installed the client ... is the FAH data folder set to a persistent storage ?

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
wandelfalke

Post by wandelfalke »

Hey

yes persistant.
after that ... how can i remove / disable any gpu ?
i made some settings in the configfile .. but loosed my patience after another gpu-remove-session and unwanted reboot .. and f...
when i remember right it was an option to set gpu on false ( to disable it ?) and yes in the web-view there was only cpu running. no gpu-tab :) yes
but after lunch .. so the programm was removed

tell me there is a good way to deal with that and maybe i give another try :)

( systeminfo: Win 10 and client from a week ago 7.6.1 ? )
JimboPalmer

Post by JimboPalmer »

Welcome to Folding@Home!

In the advanced client FAHControl, Choose Configure, then Slots, then gpu. If you choose Edit a popup window should open. In there will be Extra Slot options. Add the Name pause-on-start with the Value True.

The slot will still be there, but not run automatically, only when you press Fold. If you delete the slot, the client will create it again, but pausing the slot keeps it from folding.
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends