Stats page list processors over 2?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

iNexxFear

Stats page list processors over 2?

Post by iNexxFear »

Does anyone fold on multiple boxes? I have a couple of boxes that are folding... One that I know of says it finished 2 and another that says 5 which would add up to my total on the website... But I swear I have anohter box that also finished some WU... However the stats page does not reflect this for my user account....

Is this normal, is there a restriction? How can I be assured that I am getting full credits and not using CPU time wastefully?

Thanks!
Ren02

Re: Stats page list processors over 2?

Post by Ren02 »

There is no restriction that I'm aware of, I'm currently running 3 boxes, 1 SMP + 1 Uni + 2 Uni for a total of 4 active processors. Link

However, a thing to note is whether all your boxes are on the same team?
I used to fold teamless like this.

When you look at the previous links then the last element is &teamnum=..
Removing it gives combined stats like this.
bruce

Post by bruce »

iNexxFear wrote:Does anyone fold on multiple boxes?
. . .
Is there a restriction? How can I be assured that I am getting full credits and not using CPU time wastefully?
There is no restriction.

On each box, find FAHlog.txt and look at the first page where it says: [xx:xx:xx] - User name: yyyyyyy (Team zzz) and confirm that you have spelled both yyyyyyy and zzz exactly the same on each machine. (If you've restarted your client, that information may be repeated further down in the file and the last one is the one you're currently using.)

The CPU time will not be wasted, even if the points are not included in your personal account.
iNexxFear

Post by iNexxFear »

If you change the prompt on the end to No deadlines, will you still get WU and score credit? I'm thinking that the two that are not being included in my stats are going beyond there expected deadline.

I would still like to see WU and score points for work even if these devices might be running at a much lower priority.

Please advise and thanks again!
uncle fuzzy

Post by uncle fuzzy »

You don't want to do that- there are no deadlineless WUs anymore. You'll just sit there talking back and forth with the server and never get any work.

The logs are very clear about it if you go beyond the deadline on the WU. Check back as far as you can in your FAHlog.txt and FAHlog-Prev.txt files, looking for messages on "successfully submitted" or "past the deadline".