Join a team

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

milesg

Join a team

Post by milesg »

I have been folding for about a year now. The client I use is text only on my computer. I just got a PS3 and have it folding. I have set up a team number but how do I get my text client to join the team?
uncle fuzzy

Re: Join a team

Post by uncle fuzzy »

Stop the client, run configuration, and enter you team number when it asks.
milesg

Post by milesg »

Thank you
When I started I did not do it right and all my files are on my desktop and I don't see a config file.
The good news is I am still folding.
leexgx
Hardware configuration: snip

Post by leexgx »

start command prompt and change the dir to it
cd\fah
FAH504-Console.exe -configonly (assuming FAH504-Console.exe is your program name)
then do the config press enter to get to the next line (remove the files from the desktop unless thats where you run it from thats not an good idea any way)

if your running it in Service mode make sure its Not running when doing config
uncle fuzzy

Post by uncle fuzzy »

Are you running from a folder on the desktop, or directly from the desktop? My instructions are for running from a folder. It gets trickier if your files are just laying on the desktop.

You don't change the config file. You run the client in configuration mode. I don't like messing with a command box, so I use shortcuts. Right click your client .exe file and click Send to->Desktop (create a shortcut). Right click the new shortcut and click Properties. Add the following to the end of the Target line: -configonly. Click OK. Rename the shortcut config. Stop the client. Double click the config shortcut and you'll go through the configuration you saw when you first installed it. There you can make any changes you want. When it finishes, it will close. Restart the client and all your changes will be in place.