Storage@Home

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Soriak

Storage@Home

Post by Soriak »

Is there any word on the status of Storage@Home? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Papers#ntoc6

The paper on it seems to have been published in March of '07, but other than the paper and a short wikipedia entry on it, I can't find any more information. Is it still in development or has the idea been scratched? I love the idea and I have a little over 200GB doing nothing... not to mention my ISP is about to upgrade the speed to 25mbit/2.5mbit and this seems like a great way to take advantage of the new connection.

An update would be awesome. I hope this is the right place to post it - since it stores data for Folding@Home, I figured it's not entirely unrelated :)
Beberg
Pande Group Member

Re: Storage@Home

Post by Beberg »

Still in development, other projects like the GPU took priority, simple as that.

Funny that Wikipedia has an entry for something we haven't launched yet, on the plus side it's not a large enough article to be full of misinformation (yet).
Cajun_Don

Re: Storage@Home

Post by Cajun_Don »

Beberg wrote:Still in development, other projects like the GPU took priority, simple as that.
Hi Adam,

Do you need some beta testers for Storage@home? I have several computers with lots of free HD storage, running Folding@home 24/7, and a moderately fast static DSL Internet connection.

I would like to volunteer. :D

Thanks.

Have a great day.