Joining a team- do I lose my current stats? [No]

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

ryan

Joining a team- do I lose my current stats? [No]

Post by ryan »

I'm not part of a team now (default team), but if I join one now, do I lose my current stats?
Jeannie

Re: Joining a team- do I lose my current stats?

Post by Jeannie »

You will have a new team/user name, and the statistics will start fresh from there for that team/user name, But the statistics will still show your 'old' points under the default team/user name, when you search the statistics by just your user name. There, you will see the TOTAL points/# of workunits for that user name, and the more detailed information for each of the teams with that user name.

If you want to see what that looks like, you can see the stats for my username 'Jeannie' here: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/mai ... me=Jeannie
vicr

Post by vicr »

I really don't understand why it is not possible to transfer old points from an old user with team zero to the same old user with a new team designation. I have been running F@H for a number of years, first with one machine, then adding a second, then adding a third. When I started I had no idea the project would last this long, and I have been pretty consistent in keeping it running on 3 machines day in and day out. At this point I'd like the team - my three machines - to have some individual recognition. I am now user vicr, with new team constable24601 and team number 106945, but I don't see the value of a team name/number if former points can't be accrued under it. Thoughts?
Flathead74

Post by Flathead74 »

Not being able to move your points around keeps folks from throwing a fit, taking their points and joining another team

The folks at Stanford do not need the extra work that would be added by the constant point moves
that would be occurring if the rules were would allow such.

Then too, pre pass key, the points in many cases would be difficult to verify, because there are so many duplicate user names.
sneakers55

Post by sneakers55 »

vicr wrote:I really don't understand why it is not possible to transfer old points from an old user with team zero to the same old user with a new team designation.
Because the Folding @ Home development team at Stanford have their hands full enough sending out and collecting work units, much less managing extensive requests to move points... what are points good for anyway?

The F@H stats will report your production by team and a summed number across all teams so it's not like they totally disappear.
AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 4200+ (2.2 GHz)
Intel C2D 6400 (2.13 GHz)
Intel C2D T7800 (2.6 GHz)
PS3
rperini

Re: Joining a team- do I lose my current stats? [No]

Post by rperini »

seems like the transfer of work units could be embedded in the software allowing users to do it themselves.
PantherX
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: V7.6.21 -> Multi-purpose 24/7
Windows 10 64-bit
CPU:2/3/4/6 -> Intel i7-6700K
GPU:1 -> Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
§
Retired:
2x Nvidia GTX 1070
Nvidia GTX 675M
Nvidia GTX 660 Ti
Nvidia GTX 650 SC
Nvidia GTX 260 896 MB SOC
Nvidia 9600GT 1 GB OC
Nvidia 9500M GS
Nvidia 8800GTS 320 MB

Intel Core i7-860
Intel Core i7-3840QM
Intel i3-3240
Intel Core 2 Duo E8200
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300
Intel Pentium E5500
Intel Pentium E5400

Re: Joining a team- do I lose my current stats? [No]

Post by PantherX »

Welcome to the F@H Forum rperini,

I am not sure what you mean by "the transfer of work units could be embedded in the software".

The client does upload/download WUs. If you're talking about the stats attached to your username/team, then it won't be moved to a different one. A WU that is returned with the combination of username/passkey/team will not be transferred at all.
ETA:
Now ↞ Very Soon ↔ Soon ↔ Soon-ish ↔ Not Soon ↠ End Of Time

Welcome To The F@H Support Forum Ӂ Troubleshooting Bad WUs Ӂ Troubleshooting Server Connectivity Issues