Compilation of Suggestions for Statistics Server/Webpages

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

WangFeiHong

Compilation of Suggestions for Statistics Server/Webpages

Post by WangFeiHong »

I am terribly bored, so i decided to compile some stats suggestions so it's easier to see, and so that old and forgotten suggestions are not abandoned :lol:
I think i'll create another compilation for points suggestions :wink:

These should be considered super-low priority :mrgreen:

1. Break down statistics by processor (spazzychalk)
(viewtopic.php?f=16&p=69512#p69207) & (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7175#p71024, by Nexum)
Sahkuhnder wrote: As I understand it the optimization and tracking of the folding clients by each specific machine's exact cpu/gpu/OS/etc. is planned for the future but is understandably not a current high priority.
Russ_64 wrote: I have also in the past looked for this type of info however, Stanford does not know what machines you have or how many, all they record is the completed WU's submitted by a user.
2. Remove/optimize WU statistics (WangFeiHong) (viewtopic.php?f=16&p=69512#p69307)
In fact it has been suggested here already, but 6 months ago, and forgotten (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2593 )
Foxery wrote: What about only showing me the last 10 WUs I have turned in, and when, rather than my entire history? Or alternatively, WUs I have turned in during the past 48 hours? This could potentially be more helpful than a master list.
MoneyGuyBK wrote: Also happy for a lower frequency on this part of the stats, be it daily or weekly.
3. Use UTC Timing in Statistics Page, same as clients (anko1) (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5147#p51595)

4. For the update file (at 00:00, 03:00 PLT etc) to include the time that the previous two hourly update was completed so that this time can be used to compute stats with greater accuracy (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6887#p68374), similar suggestion at (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5382#p53682) #2
VijayPande wrote: That's an interesting idea, but I don't want to mess with the stats system right now, when we have a lot of other activities going on (GPU, SMP, server code debugging, etc). Let's let the other areas settle down a bit before we make changes to how the stats system works (esp consider the stats system needs to be rock solid).
5. Link to 3rd-party stats pages when stats are updating (directly instead of through the “list of 3rd-party stats Wiki) (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5382#p53682) #1

AJMSmith wrote: Do the updates need to be run on the web accessable copy of the datbase. If it were done on an offline copy then the stats would be accessable for a grester proportion of the time ... they appear to be inaccessable for about 45 minutes every 2 hours at the monent ... and in fact if you are working on an offline copy then real time updates become a possibility ... this REDUCES workload as rather than record updates then update the database the process becomes an update database process.
(viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5382#p53682) #3

7. Use cookies to code the user’s local time into the webpage (instead of UTC/PST) (Berkut37) (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5690)