Quit Option

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Michael_McLaughlin

Quit Option

Post by Michael_McLaughlin »

I'm sure the QUIT options have been chosen accidentally many times, causing a great deal of lost cpu work.

I suggest that the quit option be removed from the right click menu of the display screen.
It is not clear that it closes the folding program. I see no purpose or need to close the folding program from the display screen. Change it to "close display".

Also the "quit" option on the ICON right click should display a message asking if you want to end the folding program NO YES
sneakers55

Re: Quit Option

Post by sneakers55 »

Michael_McLaughlin wrote:I suggest that the quit option be removed from the right click menu of the display screen.
IIRC, that is handled at the system level not the application level.
AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 4200+ (2.2 GHz)
Intel C2D 6400 (2.13 GHz)
Intel C2D T7800 (2.6 GHz)
PS3
Michael_McLaughlin

Post by Michael_McLaughlin »

Are you sure?

It's folding@hpme's ICON and display screen I am referring to.

What forum addresses "system" concerns?
brityank

Post by brityank »

Michael_McLaughlin wrote:I'm sure the QUIT options have been chosen accidentally many times, causing a great deal of lost cpu work.

I suggest that the quit option be removed from the right click menu of the display screen.
It is not clear that it closes the folding program. I see no purpose or need to close the folding program from the display screen. Change it to "close display".

Also the "quit" option on the ICON right click should display a message asking if you want to end the folding program NO YES
I believe that's the only clean way to shut down the GUI F@H without crashing the app and losing the work done to that point. While I know there are checkpoints set, my experience running on WinME and 98 showed that power fails or blue-screens usually meant a full restart. Doing it again from 98% is frustrating.

Now you know it's there -- don't do that! :mrgreen:

Cheers.
... ... Free Republic Folders - A Tribute to Ronald Reagan ... ...