Bryostatin related research papers "might" acknowledge FaH?

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Bryostatin related research papers "might" acknowledge FaH?

Postby wuffy68 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:02 pm

Hello,

I've recently found some papers related to Bryostatin research that might contain citations related to FaH projects

1. Advances in exploring the therapeutic potential of marine natural products.
2. Unlocking the Drug Potential of the Bryostatin Family: Recent Advances in Product Synthesis and Biomedical Applications

Although I've tried to reach out to the contacts listed on both papers, neither one responded. Can someone at FaH who has access to the related academic journals confirm whether these papers cited any of the Pande Lab/Folding@home's work on the topic?

I'd like to share this on social media, but can't confirm without a $$$ subscription to get further details.

Thank you!!!
1x nVidia 1070, 1x nVidia 1060 3g,
1x nVidia 970, 2x nVidia 960,
1x nVidia 555, 1x AMD R7, 2x AMD 295,
6x i5 CPU-only rigs
wuffy68

Re: Bryostatin related research papers "might" acknowledge F

Postby bruce » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:46 pm

https://foldingathome.org/2014/11/05/br ... 9000-9015/
Steven Ryckbosch was a graduate student in the Pande Group at Stanford several years ago.
bruce

Postby wuffy68 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:12 pm

Thanks - I'll try his Stanford contact email to see if he responds. He's working for Emerald Cloud Lab these days, so I can't get his direct contact, but fingers crossed.
wuffy68

Postby wuffy68 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:18 am

So far, no response from Mr. Ryckbosch ... I have a couple of contacts in academia who have access to international science journals who could connect the dots for the whole community (most of us can't afford journal subscriptions just to satisfy curiosity about how this work proliferates throughout the scientific community, and most folders probably aren't active students with journal access). It does seem questions like this could be answered by active Pande Lab staff members with a relatively short turnaround since "connecting the dots" can create more buzz, and possibly attract new contributors to the science behind these simulations.

This may or may not answer my question ... Do most US public libraries have access to full text articles through some Open Access act of congress? I'll stop into my local public library in person to find out.
wuffy68

Postby bruce » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:51 pm

Don't give up.

As an undergraduate alumni of a nearby private college, I have access to that library. It's a liberal arts school so it does not subscribe to a multitude of technical publications. As a post-grad alumni of a state University with a local branch I can use their subscriptions but it's more of a hassle. Contacting the author (if you can) is more dependable.
bruce

Postby wuffy68 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:23 am

Thanks again Bruce. I'm definitely not giving up :) - it's just hard to find "cycles" to research these topics that should be "no brainers" when personally dealing with aging relatives who sufferi from some of the same diseases we're trying to understand and hopefully cure. I should know more about these papers tomorrow. BTW I'm trying to get an assisted living facility (high end) that my wife works for, to let their PCs fold during off hours. Even something this obvious is challenging but I'll let the community know if that ever bears fruit.
wuffy68

Postby Akaanc » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:07 pm

I wanna know the impact of the folding in drug design too. We are folding for years but did we really find anything very important so far. Or how far is the drug discoveries, are we close to smth important.
Akaanc

Return to The Science of FAH -- questions/answers