folding@home

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

ihatesnowihatesnow

folding@home

Post by ihatesnowihatesnow »

what is folding@home greatest accomplishment and what does it hope to discover in the future
codysluder

Re: folding@home

Post by codysluder »

IMHO, having 63 papers accepted for publication in peer-reviewed journals is something really significant. (and I'm sure there are many more papers in process). http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Papers

The awards that they've earned are a real indication of what they've done, too. http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Awards
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

More published papers than any other Distributed Computing project.
Guiness world record holder for most powerful DC project.
One of the longest running projects, 10 year anniversary coming in October.

The home page of the project talks about project goals. Finding treatments or cures for a long list of diseases...

P.S. Welcome to the forum, hope you'll join the project.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
aboo@1

Post by aboo@1 »

can any help me with f@h i downloaded it then i went on configure
and then it says type in user and i did and then team and i did but nothing happens can any1 tell me plz answer back??
Anachron
Hardware configuration: Phenom 9850, Club3D HD4870OC, MSI K9A2 Platinum, 4GB Mushkin XP2-8500, Corsair HX 620w, Linux Mint 64bit

Post by Anachron »

aboo@1 wrote:can any help me with f@h i downloaded it then i went on configure
and then it says type in user and i did and then team and i did but nothing happens can any1 tell me plz answer back??

There are guides for setting it up here.
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana
John_Weatherman

Post by John_Weatherman »

If you lets us know, aboo@1, what you downloaded (the client ype) and your PC's details then we can sort it out.
More info please!