FAH results [i.e. Storage@home]

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

anandhanju

FAH results [i.e. Storage@home]

Post by anandhanju »

I read about the Storage@home idea for storage and retrieval of results; this question is about the processing part of these results.

How do the researchers at FAH sort through all the TB of result data? Don't you need another DC project to summarize them :wink: ? How long does it typically take to gather meaningful conclusions? With more and more powerful computing mechanisms returning results, how do your "summaring systems", for lack of a better word, keep up?
jmmtn4aj

Re: FAH results [i.e. Storage@home]

Post by jmmtn4aj »

My guess is conclusions aren't derived from individual results, instead those individual results are automatically collated into statistics or something similar, and theories are drawn based on that, then tested.. Should need a grid computing network to collate data :)
Beberg
Pande Group Member

Post by Beberg »

Right now composing results takes a long time, and you have to rerun long jobs to test each hypothesis.

That will change soon ;)
anandhanju

Post by anandhanju »

Thats good to know! I was fearing we were getting too quick :mrgreen: Got this thought as I recently optimized something [work-related] so much that I ended up biting off more than what the system could chew.
rhavern

Post by rhavern »

Beberg wrote:Right now composing results takes a long time, and you have to rerun long jobs to test each hypothesis.

That will change soon ;)
Is it something you can elaborate on? Inquiring minds want to know! :D
Folding since 1 WU=1 point
ImageImage
Josiah

Post by Josiah »

I agree. Any elaboration on the subject!!
alancabler

Post by alancabler »

Beberg wrote:Right now composing results takes a long time, and you have to rerun long jobs to test each hypothesis.

That will change soon ;)
Do you mean that the Storage@home project will help with testing, or are you alluding to something else which you guys also aren't talking about?
/Collate@home?
Facts are not truth. Facts are merely facets of the shining diamond of truth.