simulation methods

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Janka27

simulation methods

Post by Janka27 »

Hello,

I would like to know what kind of simulation methods are applied at F@H to study the folding/unfolding of proteins? MD, some kind of modified MD, or non full-atom methods?

Thanks,
Janka
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Re: simulation methods

Post by Jesse_V »

Welcome to the forum Janka27!

There are some experts on this forum that know more about this than I do, but I know that they use statistical models. Since it isn't really described on the folding.stanford.edu page, I think that a good place to start is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... gnificance
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Looking at the FAQs would be a good start.

MDs such as Gromacs, ProtoMol, and Amber are shown/discussed. FAH uses mostly Gromacs currently, but has used many different menthods over the years.

Also search for Markov State modeling, Implicit Solvation, Explicit Solvation... on the FAH site, this forum, NEWS page... or their respective WIKI pages.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
Janka27

Post by Janka27 »

:) thanks a lot for the tips and info!