Anton (MD Supercomputer) and FAH

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Alan C. Lawhon

Anton (MD Supercomputer) and FAH

Post by Alan C. Lawhon »

I just read this interesting Wikipedia article:

Anton (computer)

on the Anton molecular dynamics supercomputer. I noticed one of my Work Units the other day which indicated a project comparing simulation results (and predictions) on a protein molecule folded by Anton versus results (on the same protein molecule) produced by FAH. (I think that's what the project was doing.) This sounds like another double blind study which is using FAH to verify results obtained using more elaborate (and probably much more expensive) technology. It's very exciting to watch these competing approaches. I've looked through the first two pages of this subforum for a thread on Anton. Is there more info (other than the Wikipedia article?) on Anton - and especially on how Anton and FAH compare to each other vis-a-vis simulation results? (I suppose the answer to my question is being determined at this very moment!) :D
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Re: Anton (MD Supercomputer) and FAH

Post by Jesse_V »

Check the references in the paragraph on Anton in the F@h Wikipedia article. You should find a blog post or two, the Simulation FAQ, and several interesting publications detailing some comparison studies. :)
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.