Parkinsons?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

W.Feather

Parkinsons?

Post by W.Feather »

Ive been away from F@H for a few years, looked back in with a search around here and it seems there is now a parkinson's flag? Is this actively being used, and are there units out in the wild actually researching in parkinsons? Or is it still on the back burner? All the threads I found via search did not state any answer definitively (or the website for that matter)

Thanks,
-W.Feather
Teknogroovin
Hardware configuration: 2 - EVGA 1080ti. 2 - EVGA 1080, 1 - EVGA 1050ti, 1 - EVGA 1050

Re: Parkinsons?

Post by Teknogroovin »

I too am wondering about the research being done in Parkinson's. A close friend was diagnosed last year with year stages of Parkinson's. When I look at the website for F@H it says a pilot study was started in 2005. Was there just not enough funding to get the project up and running or does it share some of the same protein folding as other diseases? I have one of my computers set to Parkinson's, but it seems to be doing the same project numbers as the one set to Cancer. I'm just curious.

JimboPalmer

Post by JimboPalmer »

This is a cart before the horse issue.
If they write the server code first, it won't do anything until they finish the client code and they can't test it.
If they write the client code first, for some time such a switch will appear in software bu have no impact on what WUs you get. But they can see when people try it out, so know it works.

They chose option 2, and we are waiting for a new version of the server code.

I do not think there is a summary of how many projects are aimed at each disease.
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
Teknogroovin
Hardware configuration: 2 - EVGA 1080ti. 2 - EVGA 1080, 1 - EVGA 1050ti, 1 - EVGA 1050

Post by Teknogroovin »

Thank you, JimboPalmer. I had no idea how it works. I've tried to read up on how things work, but allot of the science stuff goes right over my head. I'm just glad that there is something I can do.