Multiple Sclerosis & F@H

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

sculptor(OcUK)

Multiple Sclerosis & F@H

Post by sculptor(OcUK) »

As it looks like the old web-site has gone forever I would like to thank V J Pande for his response to my question I posted in the Science section there.
I do hope that at some stage in the future either F@H or another DC Project can help with the cause and treatment of MS.
sculptor(OcUK)
jheil

Re: Multiple Sclerosis & F@H

Post by jheil »

Hmm, sounds interesting I would have liked to read that.
Tom
Hardware configuration: 2) Q6600 G0 @ 3.2Ghz / ASUS P5B & Dlx / 2gig OCZ Plat. R2 / Vista 32/XP
XFX 8800 GTS 512 - 177.35 drivers

Q6600 G0 @ 3.2Ghz / XFX nForce 780i SLI / 2gig OCZ Plat. R2 / Vista 32 /
2x XFX 9800GTX - 177.35 drivers

Post by Tom »

I'm fairly new here and would have liked to have read it too. MS is a cousin to Lupus and others which is why I fold. I feel that if folding speeds up the process of finding cures for diseases, many like myself will have a chance for a better future. Folding makes me feel like I'm part of the process and doing what I can to help. My sincere thanks to everyone involved in this program, I truly hope it makes a difference.
Last edited by Tom on Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jheil

Post by jheil »

Yes, modeling protein folding in silico does have the potential to make many a break through. If accurate it helps cut many corners in the research process and we might see patterns that we haven't seen before once this ramps up even further.

Maybe I'll see if there is a peer reviewed article out there about folding and MS.