Where can I be updated about new scientific paper being subm

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

castlebomb44

Where can I be updated about new scientific paper being subm

Post by castlebomb44 »

Where can I be updated about new scientific paper being submitted.

Would this be the best place to get new scientific paper updates http://folding.typepad.com/ ???

I just like reading about what my folding helped do, even if I cant understand it (I like to try).
John Naylor
Hardware configuration: Q9450 OC @ 3.2GHz (Win7 Home Premium) - SMP2
E7500 OC @ 3.66GHz (Windows Home Server) - SMP2
i5-3750k @ 3.8GHz (Win7 Pro) - SMP2

Re: Where can I be updated about new scientific paper being subm

Post by John Naylor »

Generally the first you'll hear about a paper being submitted is a general comment that "there are x papers in the works", then you'll actually find out when they make an announcement and the results page on the main website is updated. I guess peer review means you can't reveal what is being reviewed...
Folding whatever I'm sent since March 2006 :) Beta testing since October 2006. www.FAH-Addict.net Administrator since August 2009.
castlebomb44

Post by castlebomb44 »

"I guess peer review means you can't reveal what is being reviewed..."

I think they more likely dont want to talk about it before the peer revision is completed because they dont want to talk about it like it is fact and it end up being false and people end up with egg on there face. No one like egg on their face
ChelseaOilman

Post by ChelseaOilman »

castlebomb44 wrote:Where can I be updated about new scientific paper being submitted.
Recent Research Papers from Folding@home
castlebomb44

Post by castlebomb44 »

Oh, well I know about that webpage but is there anyway I could be updated by RSS to it so I would not have to keep checking that page?
bruce

Post by bruce »

castlebomb44 wrote:"I guess peer review means you can't reveal what is being reviewed..."

I think they more likely dont want to talk about it before the peer revision is completed because they dont want to talk about it like it is fact and it end up being false and people end up with egg on there face. No one like egg on their face
Well, that's one way of looking at it. Some results do not pass peer-review, or they get sent back to the researcher for additional data and revisions.

The other is that it's considered improper to talk about results that are being reviewed. It's like advertising a product that doesn't yet exist or boasting about your own accomplishments. The honor only exists AFTER the review is completed and the results are published.