WARNING:WU01:FS00:Server did not like results, dumping

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Re: WARNING:WU01:FS00:Server did not like results, dumping

Postby Joe_H » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:32 pm

ifolder wrote:Isn't it possible to add in FAHClient a download/upload supervision thread that monitors the network connections and kills and restarts lost connections?
It could be understandable that under bad network conditions connections can be lost but it isn't that this event hangs (partly) FAHClient and requires a reboot of the computer.

There is code in FAHClient to do just that, the problem is that it is not 100% at doing the detection. As an example, I was having network issues a few months ago that were ultimately traced to a combination of a bad DSL filter and bad phone line connection in my house. During that time one or another of my systems would lose the connection or have it slow down a lot. Checking the logs the lost connection was restarted most times, better than 9 out 10, but that restart could be as much as 15, 30 or more minutes later at times. Other times it would be within a few minutes of the last upload or download progress shown in the log.

It may be OS dependent but when FAHClient hangs for me recovering from a stalled upload or download only takes stopping the existing FAHClient process and restarting a new one. This is on OS X. However that is a bit of a pain in the neck, so I usually just take advantage of the situation and use it for doing any OS updates and rebooting as part of the process.

Finally, in the case of the CS not liking results that is still under investigation. It would be easier if it actually was a 100% drop rate, but it has not been that. So they are looking into why some are dropped when others are not and have not yet found an answer.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Joe_H
Site Admin

Postby foldy » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:01 pm

I had a router problem where internet browsing got slow and fahclient had bad uploads. I restarted the router and problem was solved. (Windows 10)
foldy

Postby bruce » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:15 pm

ifolder wrote:
Joe_H wrote: The public beta 7.4.16 is improved over the prior full release 7.4.4 version, but even it will lose connections under bad network conditions.

Isn't it possible to add in FAHClient a download/upload supervision thread that monitors the network connections and kills and restarts lost connections?
Certainly it's possible but not likely.

This bug was opened several years ago and classified as a defect in FAHClient but there has been no updated client released containing a fix for it. If Stanford doesn't close existing defect reports, a new enhancement request is not going to get any more attention than the long-standing reported bug.

Joe_H is probably talking about the V7 beta client (and the Mac version, at that) There probably have been some improvements incorporated into the beta client but it still has open bugs so it's not released..
bruce

Previous

Return to Issues with a specific server