Stats Server Down

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

bollix47

Re: Stats Server Down

Post by bollix47 »

EOC is starting to see some movement .... looks like it will take more than one update to catch up.
SteveWillis
Hardware configuration: PC 1:
Linux Mint 17.3
three gtx 1080 GPUs One on a powered header
Motherboard = [MB-AM3-AS-SB-990FXR2] qty 1 Asus Sabertooth 990FX(+59.99)
CPU = [CPU-AM3-FX-8320BR] qty 1 AMD FX 8320 Eight Core 3.5GHz(+41.99)

PC2:
Linux Mint 18
Open air case
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD
AMD FD6300WMHKBOX FX-6300 6-Core Processor Black Edition with Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan
three gtx 1080,
one gtx 1080 TI on a powered header

Post by SteveWillis »

Well I'm impressed. I would have bet money it wouldn't be fixed till late tomorrow. Way to go, support!

1080 and 1080TI GPUs on Linux Mint
bruce

Post by bruce »

(Here's my guess: Somebody in Support took Friday Afternoon off and came in to work Sunday Afternoon, instead)
bruce

Post by bruce »

snapshot wrote:And once it is fixed it's very unlikely that we'll be told what the problem was and why it wasn't resolved on Friday. As someone with a considerable amount of Wintel support experience, I find the lack of feedback from the Pande group incredibly frustrating.
I don't expect that to change either.

I don''t ususally hear that information, either, but this time I did:
"I temporarily shut stats down for some DB maintenance. After manually verifying stats was working correctly I failed to restart stats" :oops:
"We should be good now. No points were lost."

FACT: I consider accumulating the stats to be critical -- even though those errors are generally manually recoverable.
Publishing those stats every few hours is clearly less critical so I tend to forgive an occasional human error of that sort.
drougnor

Post by drougnor »

Bruce, can you reach out to the Stanford folks and let them know the Team flat file is now publishing Users data instead of Team data?

To ensure completeness of data, it's the last two updates I've seen this on - the 4pm and 5pm eastern updates for today, 10/22/2018.

Thanks!

d
drougnor

Post by drougnor »

We got one update at the 1 am update time (Eastern) but that was it. On the other hand, the Team flat file was back to pushing team data again, so that's good!

d
drougnor

Post by drougnor »

Another update - The Teams flat file is updating but the user flat file has been frozen since 1am Eastern update, with a current timestamp of "Tue Oct 23 00:24:52 CDT 2018".
drougnor

Post by drougnor »

It looks like they got another single update on the User flat file at 1pm Eastern, but it has stalled again. The team file continues to update properly.

d
mmonnin

Post by mmonnin »

Looks like EOC duplicated thousands of users. Every team has loads of 'new' users.
https://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... ost4180113
drougnor

Post by drougnor »

I had sent Jason a message about that duplication as the Team flat file was populated with User information for several hours. He hasn't read the message yet, but hopefully the addition of the thread will help.

And for the record, the User flat file still has not updated since 1pm.

d
mmonnin

Post by mmonnin »

Ah, I searched for one of the duplicate users at Stanford and only found one result so assumed EOC was duplicating on its own. I didn't look at flat files though.
bruce

Post by bruce »

mmonnin wrote:Looks like EOC duplicated thousands of users. Every team has loads of 'new' users.
mmonnin wrote:Ah, I searched for one of the duplicate users at Stanford and only found one result so assumed EOC was duplicating on its own. I didn't look at flat files though.
I don't have an explanation, but FAH does not "technically" support EOC but they do support the flat files. Whatever EOC does with them is the responsbility of EOC, not FAH.

I did hear the FAH did some DataBase maintaanence recnetly. I have no details explaining what that means, but I suppose that could somehow have disrupted the information that EOC has been using or the way they have been using it. Without more information, I can't really comment.
mmonnin

Post by mmonnin »

bruce wrote:
mmonnin wrote:Looks like EOC duplicated thousands of users. Every team has loads of 'new' users.
mmonnin wrote:Ah, I searched for one of the duplicate users at Stanford and only found one result so assumed EOC was duplicating on its own. I didn't look at flat files though.
I don't have an explanation, but FAH does not "technically" support EOC but they do support the flat files. Whatever EOC does with them is the responsbility of EOC, not FAH.

I did hear the FAH did some DataBase maintaanence recnetly. I have no details explaining what that means, but I suppose that could somehow have disrupted the information that EOC has been using or the way they have been using it. Without more information, I can't really comment.
Did I blame Stanford? No. Don't assume so. I posted here as this forum is where most people are going to look.
goodyca

Post by goodyca »

The reason for the duplicate users:

Some of the user names have had random changes in letters that are capitalized.
drougnor

Post by drougnor »

As I said above, the Team flat file was publishing user data, but with different cases in some names, for several hours. My thought is that Jason's system processed those entries as if they were standard user entries. Either way, I sent him a PM on the EOC forum and a thread was started over there as well. The only thing we can do is wait to see if he cleans up his database. Otherwise, we deal with seeing extra names.

We're getting periodic updates, but it looks like the server is dealing with a LOT and Bruce stated in the other thread that he was told the DB is currently overloaded, so we're just crossing our fingers for that to be fixed sooner than later.

d