psummary upgrade

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

jcoffland
Site Admin

psummary upgrade

Post by jcoffland »

We are trying out some new psummary code to support the new work servers. Hopefully you wont notice a difference but if you do detect problems please let us know.
Cauldron Development LLC
http://cauldrondevelopment.com/
jcoffland
Site Admin

Re: psummary upgrade

Post by jcoffland »

You may have noticed a few brief problems:

- project type says UNLISTED
- frames says 0 or some other incorrect value
- Kfactor set to 0

These are either already fixed or will be very soon.
Cauldron Development LLC
jcoffland
Site Admin

Post by jcoffland »

Some of the GROMACS projects may still be coming up with funny frame numbers.
Cauldron Development LLC
smoking2000

Post by smoking2000 »

Thanks for the info, although it would have been nice to get this in advance. That's what Vijjay wrote on the FAH blog on November 18, 2009:
Changes to psummary files in the works

We will be adding one new field to the psummary web pages (eg, http://fah-web.stanford.edu/psummary.html) to include a new part of FAH stats. We will give more info soon, but for now, please note the additional column on the far right.

For third party tools which parse these web pages, we have added the column at the far right in the hopes that this would not break current tools' parsing routines. Note that we are also looking in developing more systematic ways to interact with third party utilities, although that is still in the works. For now, we will give heads up to changes here in this blog.
Please let us know when the new psummary format has stabilized so I can update my parser, it's a waste of effort to try to keep up if the format is in flux.

PS, I see that the new format now properly quotes the URL in the Description column, another step towards a W3C valid psummary.html.
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

No it's different ... Vijay blog note is about K factor used in BigAdv WUs (as explained here : http://en.fah-addict.net/news/news-0-11 ... atible.php) ...

Joe's changes are different, and are in the direction to better support of new v5 servers, and future projects that are coming soon.

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
smoking2000

Post by smoking2000 »

Vijjays blogposting says: "For now, we will give heads up to changes here in this blog.".

This is another change to the psummary.html, but it was not posted on the blog. Therefor 3rd party dev's were not given a heads up, we had to find out by getting parser errors.

If you were replying to my mention of W3C validity, than you are not paying attention (see my previous posts about psummary changes). The changes may not have been done to get W3C valid pages (as far as I known Pandegroup doesn't care about that), but providing W3C valid pages would make the implementation of parsers a whole lot easier because we don't have to write a customer parser anymore, and can simply use one the standard HTML parsers from our programming language of choice.

FWIW with respect to the changes. It's another change that is very inconsistent, the new projects use a quoted URL in the description, the other projects do not. The same goes for the <font> tags used in the contact column, the size property is only quoted for the new projects, not the old ones.
bollix47

Post by bollix47 »

FYI

Projects 2681 thru 2683 are no longer listed. This would cause problems with 3rd party monitoring for anyone running the bigadv clients if they update their psummary.
jcoffland
Site Admin

Post by jcoffland »

smoking2000 wrote:The changes may not have been done to get W3C valid pages (as far as I known Pandegroup doesn't care about that), but providing W3C valid pages would make the implementation of parsers a whole lot easier because we don't have to write a customer parser anymore, and can simply use one the standard HTML parsers from our programming language of choice.
Your wish is granted: validator.w3.org

Some projects may have gotten dropped accidentally. However, keep in mind that psummary only displays active projects. If the work server is down or assignment is turned off it is not considered active. This has always been the case.
Cauldron Development LLC
smoking2000

Post by smoking2000 »

jcoffland wrote:Your wish is granted: validator.w3.org
That's awesome! Thank you very much.

Where were you years ago when these issues were first brought up? ;)
jcoffland
Site Admin

Post by jcoffland »

smoking2000 wrote:Where were you years ago when these issues were first brought up? ;)
I started working with F@H about 1 1/2 years ago. I have been contracted by Vijay to rewrite various parts of the F@H system. My main tasks have been the new work server, the upcoming ProtoMol and Desmond cores and most recently a new client. Haven't I seen you on the beta team?

The frame counts should now be fixed.

The only problem that might remain is that some projects are no longer listed. Please let me know if there are any projects you know to still be running but are not on the list.
Cauldron Development LLC
MtM
Hardware configuration: Q6600 - 8gb - p5q deluxe - gtx275 - hd4350 ( not folding ) win7 x64 - smp:4 - gpu slot
E6600 - 4gb - p5wdh deluxe - 9600gt - 9600gso - win7 x64 - smp:2 - 2 gpu slots
E2160 - 2gb - ?? - onboard gpu - win7 x32 - 2 uniprocessor slots
T5450 - 4gb - ?? - 8600M GT 512 ( DDR2 ) - win7 x64 - smp:2 - gpu slot

Post by MtM »

The issues outdate your involvement :)

But I'm glad you're around ( even if I don't have any specifics, questions or commments, when I saw you asking 3rd party peeps what they would like for interface to communicate with the client well let's say I still sometimes have to hold my jaw because if I don't it would drop on the floor :!:

Love having you around, tell Vijah if he ever needs to fire someone to not pick you ;)
bollix47

Post by bollix47 »

Please let me know if there are any projects you know to still be running but are not on the list.
As mentioned above P2681 thru P2683. Credit 25403. K factor 2.00.

Server 171.67.108.22
smoking2000

Post by smoking2000 »

jcoffland wrote:
smoking2000 wrote:Where were you years ago when these issues were first brought up? ;)
I started working with F@H about 1 1/2 years ago. I have been contracted by Vijay to rewrite various parts of the F@H system. My main tasks have been the new work server, the upcoming ProtoMol and Desmond cores and most recently a new client. Haven't I seen you on the beta team?
My question was mostly rethorical, as MtM mentions these issues predate your involvement as they are at least 3 to 4 years old.

I don't think you saw me in the beta team, bruce kicked me out of that twice. But this was still on the old forums, where I mostly joined the beta team to be able to discuss issues regarding information that was supposed to be for the beta team only but I figured out from public resources (like the alternate psummary pages).

I don't participate in the beta team anymore, because my contributions were not appreciated. My passionate involvement is too much to handle for most admins here :)
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

I just noticed that p5113 is missing on the psummary.

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
Zagen30
Hardware configuration: Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz (not folding), 8 GB DDR3 @2133 MHz, 2xGTX 780 @1215 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit running 7.3.6 w/ 1xSMP, 2xGPU

4P E5-4650 @3.1 GHz, 64 GB DDR3 @1333MHz, Ubuntu Desktop 13.10 64-bit

Post by Zagen30 »

Project 6316 is missing as well.