Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

RABishop

Post by RABishop »

For a long time I was not getting any download from this server (which I couldn't even find on the page listing the servers' statuses); but, apparently, after wasting at least two hours trying to upload to 170.74.246.143, my other system was finally able to download a new work unit from this .124 server. The project 7078 still waits (different segments of it) on this computer for well over a day, and on the other computer for a few hours now for .143 to start working again. Both these segments were relatively small, but still occupied by gpu (a gtx 760) for a few hours, and the i7 cpu on my other computer for more hours with little return (none, yet, I'm expecting) even with the bonuses that may or may not now be there whenever anyone gets around to getting .143 working again. But I do swear to you, here and now, that if I see project 7078 come up on my newest i7 with 6 cpus or on the GTX 970 in that computer, I will dump the project by removing the slot, then just adding it again for another assignment. This is BS. Somebody needs to fix this. And, if the data waiting for 7078 hasn't been collected by tomorrow afternoon, I'll do the same to it on my other computers, rather than have them stagnant for hours on end until someone takes the time to fix this unacceptable state of affairs.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: 171.64.65.124

Post by Joe_H »

Not sure why you could not see this server, 171.64.65.124, on the status page, but it is there near the bottom of the listing as vspg14e. Checking the logs for that server, it did have a period of about half an hour or so where it was in Reject status that might have coincided with your system not getting an assignment immediately. Checking my logs, one of my systems was assigned to this WS and did not get an assignment at all. After about 15-20 minutes the AS must have received an update in status and assigned my system to a different WS. This WS does appear to have gone back to normal operation after this period that it was not accepting connections.

As for the other WS, it has been reported. It should be fixed, but when is not known. If you are running the V7 client, the presence of WU's waiting to be uploaded should not keep you from being assigned to a different WS. However repeated dumping of WU's can get your system banned and you would not get any WU's at all for any slot.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3