Active Server Rejection

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

james hunt

Active Server Rejection

Post by james hunt »

Hey guys just here to ask for any ideas to a problem that I have some time this morning was wrapping up a work unit to send off and for some unknown reason the server keeps actively rejecting the work unit for at least 15 times if not more any ideas folks I am sorry if post is in the wrong place many thanks.

ohh by the way the server has a 0.0.0.0 address
AJMSmith

Re: Active Server Rejection

Post by AJMSmith »

It wouldn't be related to viewtopic.php?f=18&t=27033 (Problem uploading to 129.74.246.143) by any chance?

BTW the designated collection server (0.0.0.0 in this case indicating that there isn't one) is a backup position ... units are normally returned to the work server and only if that fails is the alternate used (if it's set up).
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Not all work servers have collection servers.

They used to, and should all have a CS. But since all the servers are in the process of having the software updated, the work server version doesn't always match the CS version. There will be some gaps during the upgrades.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
davidcoton

Post by davidcoton »

Can you see the work server IP 129.74.246.143 in the log? If so, its a known server fault that should be rectified soonish, the WU will wait on your system until then. If not, please post your log (top info sections and the part showing the failed upload.

EDIT: Typo