I accidentally erased collection server ip address somehow.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Geoffric

I accidentally erased collection server ip address somehow.

Post by Geoffric »

Project 10477 my machine is at 99.99% on the GPU side and looking at the log i see that the collection server can't be connected with. Under advanced control I somehow found that the IP address of the collection server setting in this project had somehow been been reset and it reads 0.0.0.0. My work assignment server was 140.163.4.234. I have really searched through here as I am sure it must be easy to figure out which server collects completed assignments for this assignment but can't find it. I have to leave for work now, any help appreciated so I can submit this finished job.

Thanks
bruce

Re: I accidentally erased collection server ip address some

Post by bruce »

No, you didn't (and can't) change that address. Some projects are configured with 0.0.0.0 for the CS.

I suspect that 140.163.4.234 will back on-line soon. Please be patient. The client will retry repeatedly until it succeeds in uploading.

You may have another problem. When a client stops when it reaches 99.99% you may have run into a bug it can be because your GPU was reset and is actually no longer processing. Even if it cannot upload, it SHOULD proceed to another WU while retrying the upload. Please post that part of your log.

... or, simply "pause" that slot, wait 30 seconds, and "fold" (resume work).
Geoffric

Re: I accidentally erased collection server ip address some

Post by Geoffric »

Should have stated this earlier but project was due to finish about 8 am CDT. When I checked progress at 10 am I had lost my internet connection and my client had tried several times to connect and could not. I connected with a cable instead of usual wireless and waited. No change thats when Inoticed the ip of 0.0.0.0 and assumed I had made a mistake.

I see now that in the last 3 hours the client has succeeded in uploading the completed work. I guess I jumped the gun a little but when I saw that empty ID address just wrongly assumed I did something wrong.

Thanks.