Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

rwh202
Hardware configuration: 8x GTX 1080
3x GTX 1080 Ti
3x GTX 1060
Various other bits and pieces

SOLVED: Incomplete uploads to 171.64.65.104

Post by rwh202 »

171.64.65.104 is reachable in my browser, but uploads progress normally to 90 odd percent then hang. They are 17MB files and take less than 3 minutes so I don't think it is a timeout, it's just that there doesn't seem to be any acknowledgement for the upload. Anyone else having problems?

This prompted me to notice that there aren't IP addresses shown in the server stat page so can't readily spot if this server is having problems or not and that the only way to try to re-upload is to restart the box - doesn't add to the user friendliness of the whole setup...

EDIT: This morning there were 4 stuck uploads and 2 stuck downloads - an IPv6 setting on my router was to blame (Had been messing trying to get my AVR working earlier).

Resetting it and everything uploaded and I got "server has already received unit" messages - It looks like it was just the confirmations that got lost the first time around.
bruce

Re: SOLVED: Incomplete uploads to 171.64.65.104

Post by bruce »

Significant portions of FAH are not IPV6 ready and if your IPV4 addresses are converted to IPV6 addresses, communications will fail (depending on which servers we're talking about).

Windows has a "Prefer IPV6 / Prefer IPV4" which was required initially. I'm not sure if that's still the case.