Appearing twice in the user list

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

refraction

Appearing twice in the user list

Post by refraction »

Hi guys,

I apologise if this is in the wrong place, I did look but didn't see any forum which specifically matched my question, if you find one I will be sure to headdesk myself :P

Anyway, My issue is that my username is appearing twice in the stats list, if you search for me, there is my original account from back in 2007 and the new one from when I started again yesterday. My issue is it is messing up the stats for the team I'm in, I don't show in their list. What makes this even more obscure, the client sees my old account and is adding my statistics on to that, also if i click "show stats" it have an accumilation of all my points including the original.

the user is "refraction" (same as here)
and my team number is 86565 which should resolve as Pleasuredome.

I hope somebody can merge the accounts or something, else this is gonna get messy :P

Just for extra stuff, here's an image showing my client thing, my team list and my registration in the team on pleasuredome, hopefully it's of some help

Code: Select all

https://s32.postimg.org/5c5838vet/folding.jpg
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: Appearing twice in the user list

Post by Joe_H »

Welcome to the folding support forum.

Unfortunately that is the way the stats are supposed to show for a person who has folded for two different teams. PG policy is that points once earned and credited are not reassigned to different usernames or teams.

Your points are shoeing up for your new team on the Official Stats search - http://fah-web2.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/ma ... Refraction. If your issue s that they do not yet show up on a third-party stats sites, those have their own rules about which stats are shown.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
refraction

Post by refraction »

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply. It is showing, sort of on the 3rd party site, but I was trying to find myself in the team stats for Pleasuredome on the official site which you can see here

Code: Select all

http://fah-web2.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=86565
But I'm not listed, I should theoretically be at number 946 as according to the stats on the F@H client/web interface, I have contributed 276,182 points to Pleasuredome in total, but I'm not on there.

Any ideas?
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

The report that creates that list was generated yesterday, and lists the top 1000 folders. It would take 233,000 to make the bottom of that list, if part of your 276,000 points were submitted after the time the list was created you might not have had enough to make the 1000 point. I would suggest checking again tomorrow.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
bruce

Post by bruce »

Go to the official stats and search your your individual standing. You'll see two likes (as you reported previously) along with two team numbers and two quantities of points. Presumably those will be the correct numbers for the two teams you believe you've contributed to (as of an hour or two ago).
refraction

Post by refraction »

Ok I shall keep an eye on things, see how it goes. Thanks for your help Joe and bruce :)

Edit: I seem to be appearing on the list now, coming in at 708, nice! That's a relief :P