Unable to get WU unless connected via VPN

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Loohi

Re: Unable to get WU unless connected via VPN

Post by Loohi »

I have called my ISP and they (of course) escalated this to higher levels of technical supports. I showed them the logs with VPN (i.e. when working fine) and without VPN.

Hoping that they will be somewhat helpful, and at the same time I'd rather not keep my hopes up.

One of my issue of running with a VPN (besides the issue of not understanding why I have to), is that my GPU only operates at base clock when behind the VPN (roughly 25% lower than max clock).
Now, I understand that GPU clock is not the main contributor to folding power, but I don't like the feeling of not using my hardware to the best of its ability...

This is mostly an update, not really a question, I think NVIDIA drivers must be confused by the VPN software, thinking that it should allocate some resources for it... anyway, hope my output won't suffer too much!
DemonfangArun

Re: Unable to get WU unless connected via VPN

Post by DemonfangArun »

The reason for not recognizing the gpu after reinstall is likely because it also cannot retrieve the gpus.txt file. Is your cpu slot still able to retrieve new wu's? If not, I'd start looking at something blocking f@h as a whole.
This user has stopped using F@H because it supports fake crap!