Missing members and points after stats system change

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

snapshot

Missing members and points after stats system change

Post by snapshot »

Team 157620 had four members before yesterday's stats system change but the inactive two are now not shown. More worryingly, their points have also disappeared. I'm not paranoid enough to think my team is being picked on so I expect this has happened to other teams too. I'd be grateful if someone could get this looked into. I have a 'before' screen shot from EOC showing the full team if it's needed. As far as I can tell, all the points scored during the outage have been credited to the active users.
toTOW
Site Moderator

Re: Missing members and points after stats system change

Post by toTOW »

Are you sure you are looking at the right page ? Monthly pages won't show the inactive, but they should appear on the other ones ...

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
snapshot

Post by snapshot »

I tried again making sure I selected the Team tab rather than Team Monthly and put 157620 into the Team # field. This gives me the Team Statistics screen with the name of the team and a Grand Score of 39,441,087. I then clicked on the team name to get the Team page. The Grand Score has now dropped to 39,421,884 which is the total score for the two active members shown. The difference between the two Grand Scores is the total for the two missing members. Surely the Grand Score should remain the same and not change according to the members shown?

I also think the 589 Active CPUs over the last 50 days when we've only done half that number of WUs in that period needs some work.....
snapshot

Post by snapshot »

I've just tried this with team 10 as it's a team I used to fold for and got similar results as the Grand Score drops from 6,579,463,272 to 6,559,524,665 between the two screens. The team ranking changes from 26 (correct) to 165986 (silly) and just 12 Active CPUs is ludicrous for such a high-placed team. I suggest there's something badly broken here.
bollix47

Post by bollix47 »

If you check the official stats now that they're back on fah-web I think you'll find that the two missing members have returned. This suggests to me that the new stats lookup system has a few bugs still lingering. For example if you check the Monthly figures you may find some that are wrong. Another possibility is that when the stats were copied something went wrong but I think that would have affected a lot of teams.
snapshot

Post by snapshot »

Yes, you're right, they are back. I'll wait until EOC updates at 21:00 GMT to see if things are really getting back to normal.
But I think the faults in the new system affect all teams. Just pick any team at random and watch the details change between screens.
bollix47

Post by bollix47 »

EOC is not up-to-date yet. Perhaps Jason is working on his system but that's just speculation.

kakao stats are updated: http://www.kakaostats.net/
snapshot

Post by snapshot »

From the look of the Kakao stats I suspect fah-web came back on line just after EOC's 15:00 run. I've been in contact with Jason and he said he was just waiting for fah-web to come back. Hopefully things will be more interesting after the 18:00 run but that will be midnight here so I expect to be snoring......
bollix47

Post by bollix47 »

After seeing no update @ 1800hrs I too got in touch with Jason and he had disabled the update after the 9am run. He has now re-enabled it so we should see something @ 2100hrs.
snapshot

Post by snapshot »

Finally updated at midnight (06:00 GMT) and all looks well now.
The stats on the new URLs are still broken so I hope this has been passed on.
jcoffland
Site Admin

Post by jcoffland »

I believe this is now fixed. The problem was that inactive team members are not ranked. These unranked team members were not being counted when computing the team page. Unranked team members will now show up but with a rank of N/A.
Cauldron Development LLC
http://cauldrondevelopment.com/
snapshot

Post by snapshot »

Yes, that looks right now, thanks.