SMP working units?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

cduchat

SMP working units?

Post by cduchat »

The server status page shows that only 171.64.65.124 and 171.64.65.157 have SMP units available but they are in "Reject"... if it is not intended, then you might want to check these 2 servers.
cduchat

Re: SMP working units?

Post by cduchat »

well, I just got a WU, not sure from where though.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

Yes, those two WS's show that they are in Reject status. That is immaterial to any problem you might be having in getting a WU as both have been inactive for many months. In the case of 171.64.65.124 there were space problems holding all of the results, the projects were moved to another server with more storage. You do not need to check the status of servers your system is not being assigned to, only if it is assigned to a server and there is a problem after that.

As for where you got a WU, the client will display that and records the download in your log file including the IP address you downloaded from. If you continue to have difficulty getting a WU, what is your system set to for number of CPU threads? Currently there are WU's available for multiples of 2, 3 and/or 5 and very rarely 7 for the number of threads. Highest number I know of currently is 27, that may take using the version of the client in public beta, 7.4.16.

If you post the first 100 or so lines of your log file, and a section showing problems downloading WU's, we can further diagnose the problem.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
cduchat

Post by cduchat »

Yes, the number of threads was the issue, I was on 7 threads, I got the WU as soon as I got down to 4 threads.
Thank you very much for your detailed answer.