Can't connect to fah-web.stanford.edu

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

JustusLM

Can't connect to fah-web.stanford.edu

Post by JustusLM »

I cannot get a connection to the fah-web server. This not only means I am unable to check my stats, but since I recently did a fresh install of the software I can't confirm my security key (I forgot it and I can only get a new one at fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/getpasskey.py; as the link shows it's on the server that I can't connect to). After some research I discovered that this server once had trouble in 2015, is something similar happnening now?
Or am I the only one with this problem and if so, what can I do to fix it?
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: Can't connect to fah-web.stanford.edu

Post by Joe_H »

Over the weekend fah-web was temporarily moved to a different server, you should get a redirect to there. A few reported problems on Saturday, but posted that it was cleared up for them by Sunday. I just tried the address you included now, and had no issues getting to the passkey page.

If you are not getting redirected, I would suggest first clearing your browser cache. Then you might need to restart your router if that does not fix the issue.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
JustusLM

Re: Can't connect to fah-web.stanford.edu

Post by JustusLM »

Thank you for the quick reply.

Now it is working for me, too. I guess I was just surprised because I couldn't find anything on this issue beforehands (that may also be my fault, though).
In any case, I got the key, and I can see my stats, so I'm happy.