No response from fah-web.stanfoed.edu

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

patermann

No response from fah-web.stanfoed.edu

Post by patermann »

I am trying to download the latest stats files but I am getting no response from fah-web.stanford.edu, either from my script or from the Stanford Web page via the browser. Is there a problem at Stanford or is it being blocked at my end for some reason?

Thanks,
patermann
Bsb5068

Re: No response from fah-web.stanfoed.edu

Post by Bsb5068 »

there is another working server

Code: Select all

http://folding.stanford.edu/stats/
bollix47

Post by bollix47 »

The flat files have not changed since Saturday afternoon. Hopefully they will be fixed later today. The official stats appear to be up-to-date: http://folding.stanford.edu/statistics/
patermann

Post by patermann »

Thanks for the update. However, when I go to the statistics page and click on the link for any of the statistics files (teams, users, etc.), the browser says "fah-web.stanford.edu refused to connect". The same happens with my script. It was ok yesterday (although the files were out of date as you say) but I cannot even reach the domain today.

patermann
bollix47

Post by bollix47 »

PG may have turned off those downloads until they fix the problem. That's just a guess and since it's still the middle of the night at Stanford it's unlikely we'll be able to give you more information until later in the day.

Another possibility is that fah-web is down which does happen from time to time and is usually fixed when the IT staff start their day.
patermann

Post by patermann »

Of course! Sorry, I am in the UK and sometimes I forget about time difference. Many thanks for your help.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

Bsb5068 wrote:there is another working server

Code: Select all

http://folding.stanford.edu/stats/
This can check the official stats, but the flat files used by third-parties for stats are generated on fah-web. Eventually they will be moved to a new server, in the meantime hopefully they can get the fan-web server back up later today. Their morning starts right about now. There has been a delay due to the long holiday weekend. In addition Stanford is currently between academic quarters, their Summer quarter ended a couple weeks ago and the Fall quarter starts in a couple weeks.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3