Bsb5068

Passkey generation link in FAQ is not working

Post by Bsb5068 »

Hello!

The link on the page

Code: Select all

http://folding.stanford.edu/support/faq/points/passkey/
is not working anymore.
Would you please give us working link to generate new passkey?

Or maybe it can be done via e-mail request?
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: Passkey generation link in FAQ is not working

Post by Joe_H »

The fan-web server is down since sometime yesterday evening. It should be worked on today and hopefully back up later in the day.

Unfortunately there is no alternate link and this can not be done through an email.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
ryoungblood

Post by ryoungblood »

Is there anything we can do as a community to support the F@H team to ensure this happens less in the future? I'm sure some of us would be more than happy to provide additional financial support.
bruce

Post by bruce »

FAH currently receives much of its support from the campus network support team and their primary function is keeping the campus systems running for students and faculty. Overnight and especially when school is not in session there isn't a lot of need for prompt support. (I'm not sure what hours the SUNet support staff operates or how many people are involved, but the University is between academic quarters so "everybody" (almost) is spending almost zero time on-campus. Those pieces which can be fixed remotely will probably get serviced during the day shift.

There's already a plan in place to move some functions off-campus -- to a cloud server somewhere -- which is probably a good idea.
foldy
Hardware configuration: Folding@Home Client 7.6.13 (1 GPU slots)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i5 2500k@4Ghz
Nvidia gtx 1080ti driver 441

Post by foldy »

It is fixed now. Maybe some computer science students are interested in helping out? If they live near the compus and get an email server down, they could fix that in one hour. (And could also be interested in fixing FahClient issues to bring that beta to release.)