Not problem, only suggestion. Update stats server

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Calcii

Not problem, only suggestion. Update stats server

Post by Calcii »

Not problem, only suggestion.
I know that the client transmits a lot of information about the system configuration, which OS, graphics card, processor, etc. Can we see the output of this information in statistics, add more fields and data types?
At least you need to rename the item "Nvidia Fermi GPU" to "Nvidia GPU", nvidia fermi architecture was outdated...
bruce

Re: Not problem, only suggestion. Update stats server

Post by bruce »

Prior to Fermi, there were several iterations of GPUs which required custom FAHCores. Once NVidia designed Fermi, later generations of GPUs were fully supported using the same API so there was no longer a need to redesign the FAH core every time a new name was assigned to the chip. AMD/ATI also had a series of APIs prior to settling on OpenCL. In fact, the active cores for both NVidia and AMD now work with the same API so there's no loger a requirement to determine which brand of GPU you have. The names used last used to find the "right" FAHCore have stuck. I'm not sure if there's a good enough reason to add or later behind Fermi or change it to Fermi+

Supporting FAHCores has changed a lot if you look all the way back to the beginning of FAH.

The same was true when CPUs started supporting SSE and needed two (and even 3) versions of the CPU FAHCore. Now the software is able to use various enhancements to the original x86 instruction set by compiling them separately. and distributing them just to the people that need them.

I can't predict if that will always remain the case in the future.
Calcii

Post by Calcii »

1) What does the "Nvidia GPU" string mean, its Nvidia GPU before Fermi?
2) What does the Total CPUs column mean?
3) What does the Active CPUs column mean in GPU? Is this the number of video cards?
foldy
Hardware configuration: Folding@Home Client 7.6.13 (1 GPU slots)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i5 2500k@4Ghz
Nvidia gtx 1080ti driver 441

Post by foldy »

1) Yes
2) Number of devices which ran folding@home
3) Yes
#64-Lux

Post by #64-Lux »

The stats table (https://stats.foldingathome.org/os) has been static/stuck for a couple of months now.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=31069