Passkey email server loop problem

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

nagi603

Passkey email server loop problem

Post by nagi603 »

Sorry, but this seems to be the closest support forum for this issue. After all, this is a problem with a server: the passkey email server.

I've requested a passkey, and received.... 14 emails so far in the last 19 hours. I'd like it if this email chain would stop. :D

What I did & what happened:
I've tried giving my email address first with dots, then without when the email did not arrive in 10 minutes. Then I tried again, just to make sure I did not make a typo, to which the page replied that that email was requested in the last 10 minutes, so it turns out I did not make a typo.

Then I started getting the emails a few hours after this, and it hasn't stopped ever since. It's sending the mails out randomly to the two variants of the email address.

A picture of the emails:

Code: Select all

i.imgur.com/dPw2LkQ.png
(can't post links as a new user)

(If someone can take a peek at it, my username is the same as on this forum.)
kingtj1971

Re: Passkey email server loop problem

Post by kingtj1971 »

I'm experiencing the exact same issue. I installed the Folding software on my Mac yesterday, and then realized it was best to set up a key for it. When I requested one, I didn't get an email response with it for the rest of the day -- but it finally came in around 2AM. Ever since then, it seems like they're emailing me another copy of it every couple hours or so!
Wilder

Post by Wilder »

I am having a similar issue. Not receiving passkey emails. I have tried multiple times over a 48 hour period. Never received anything even in spam.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Yahoo is blocking our emails again. There are currently at least 2451 Yahoo emails stuck in the queue.
Wilder

Post by Wilder »

Mine are all trying to go to gmail
Wilder

Post by Wilder »

I have tested it with a custom mail server of mine, that doesn't use any gmail/yahoo/aol/etc public cloud and it does not go through there either.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Gmail blocked things a couple days ago and it took some negotiations to clear that issue. It's certain conceivable that they've been dropping emails again. Their anti-spam software is probably unattended, as is Yahoo's.

Clearing up issues like this wastes a lot of time for key FAH individuals who have to contact key individuals at other domains, but they're trying. In "normal times" there would be a few passkey requests per day and they wouldn't trip the spam identification thresholds.
Wilder

Post by Wilder »

Seems to me the email server might be listed in public blacklists.
usualexpat

Post by usualexpat »

Same issues (gmail) - received 10 emails already, two in the last 10 minutes...
JLollback

Post by JLollback »

I’m having the same issue now. :( getting spammed with them!
richms

Post by richms »

I have had nothing arrive at all to my gmail, same name as on here, and tried also my outlook and yahoo addresses also nothing. I no longer have access to any self hosted or ISP email addresses to try those.
rhavern

Post by rhavern »

bruce wrote:Gmail blocked things a couple days ago and it took some negotiations to clear that issue. It's certain conceivable that they've been dropping emails again. Their anti-spam software is probably unattended, as is Yahoo's.

Clearing up issues like this wastes a lot of time for key FAH individuals who have to contact key individuals at other domains, but they're trying. In "normal times" there would be a few passkey requests per day and they wouldn't trip the spam identification thresholds.
Bruce, is there anything that we as users can do to expedite this? I too am waiting on a passkey.

Thanks
Folding since 1 WU=1 point
ImageImage
nagi603

Post by nagi603 »

So receiving the passkey email on a gmail address two dozen (well, 23 right now) times is somehow the result of google's "blocking"? Weird, only the forum reg email landed in the spam folder, the passkey emails come through OK and are not auto-marked as spam.
Wazaq

Post by Wazaq »

I am receiving multiple emails with my passkey as well, 14 as of last night 03/15/20. I only submitted for one passkey, and the settings took it on the web control page.
scratchy

Post by scratchy »

had the same issue.

Also im not getting any WU's, i cant connect to servers.
And the Webpage of statistics are down as well..

Having a feeling that this project is almost dead and nobody gives a fuck about fixing this stuff..