None of the stats servers are working

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

dcorbit

None of the stats servers are working

Post by dcorbit »

I get "Bad Gateway" for any and all stats inquiries.
djgibbons

Re: None of the stats servers are working

Post by djgibbons »

Same here. Full household reboot did not fix. Located in Ottawa, Ontario.
ManiacJoe

Post by ManiacJoe »

"bad gateway" is a server-side problem.
dcorbit

Post by dcorbit »

I have some high end machines sitting idle for hours and hours.
Messages like "Failed to get an assignment"
If you can't find something for my machines to do, I will shut down the clients and do something else with them.
Normally, I analyze chess positions. Not as glamorous as folding proteins, but better than sitting idle doing nothing.
rickoic
Hardware configuration: eVga x299 DARK 2070 Super, eVGA 2080, eVga 1070, eVga 2080 Super
MSI x399 eVga 2080, eVga 1070, eVga 1070, GT970

Post by rickoic »

Have to wait for the scientists to come in and generate more work units for us. We are pulling them off of the work servers faster than they can generate them.
I'm folding because Dec 2005 I had radical prostate surgery.
Lost brother to spinal cancer, brother-in-law to prostate cancer.
Several 1st cousins lost and a few who have survived.
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Post by Jesse_V »

ManiacJoe wrote:"bad gateway" is a server-side problem.
The backend stats servers are slammed right now due to the massive amount of new users and new load on the system. Everyone is getting points for their work and everyone is checking how much points they earned, which is straining the databases and front-end servers. The research teams are rapidly trying to set up new servers to handle the load. Please be patient.
dcorbit wrote:I have some high end machines sitting idle for hours and hours.
Messages like "Failed to get an assignment"
If you can't find something for my machines to do, I will shut down the clients and do something else with them.
Normally, I analyze chess positions. Not as glamorous as folding proteins, but better than sitting idle doing nothing.
Yes, this is common at the moment. I'm seeing it myself. This is due to a sudden and very very fast rise in the number of new users on F@h, which has at least quadruped demand and consumed most of the workunits in the queue. The teams are setting up new server and adding more work (including COVID-19 projects) into the queue. Please keep the software running and the machines online so that they can pick up work when they can. Hopefully the queue gets sorted out within a day or two.
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Post by Jesse_V »

Greg Bowman is aware of the issue and is working to fix it. The stats website is down due to the load, but all the points are recording properly.

https://twitter.com/drGregBowman/status ... 3516355584
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
Medros1455

Post by Medros1455 »

I want to just stop by and say thank you for all the hard work that everyone is doing, from staff getting servers online to the users running the software. I am one of those many new users trying to help out with my system while I'm not using it. I folded in the past with my PS3 but when that died I never continued.

I know the attempts to get new work is a sliding scale as to not overwhelm the servers but is there a command or something that we can trigger a request? Several hours of waiting in between requests is getting quite high.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

Medros1455 wrote:I know the attempts to get new work is a sliding scale as to not overwhelm the servers but is there a command or something that we can trigger a request? Several hours of waiting in between requests is getting quite high.
Pausing the client for a minute or so and then enabling it to request work will reset the timer. Please do not do this too often, or you can end up adding to the load on the servers.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
ely105

Post by ely105 »

I know a lot of the advanced users know this, but for the newer folks it's not obvious that you can find stats on Extreme Overclockers Forum (EOC) here: https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/

There are some caveats and it's updated every 3 hours (look in the top left corner)

maybe the F@H stats page should just point/link there while there are other things being tended to.

-m