Passkey email not giving the correct Passcode

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

larek
Hardware configuration: Intel First Gen i7
Evga GTX280
Occasionally a Second (or third) Evga GTX280, but I loan them to other alot of the time

Passkey email not giving the correct Passcode

Post by larek »

I just upgraded my Video Card, which means I can run Folding@home again (its been like 7 years)
(you guys stopped supporting my 280 a long time ago :cry: , but I expect my new 3090 should be supported)

My Pc was partially damaged by a non-functional Crypto virus several years ago, so my main XP Os is no longer functional (where I have FAH installed)

I cannon figure out how to move over the FAH settings from the dead OS, so I'm trying to use the Passkey-Email system

The Problem is that it is NOT seeming doing the "Note: The passkey request form is case sensitive." part correctly. I'm always getting the passkey for a (nonexistant) lower case varions of my username. Which is not linking properly to my Stats (which is 'L' not 'l' in Larek) or my team I'm on the Bakabt form team (Baka_Upadates)

Logging in to the Forums worked just fine. And my email is the same since 98'

How do I fix this?
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: Passkey email not giving the correct Passcode

Post by Joe_H »

First, the forum login is to a totally separate server and account, no connection between that login and the passkey generator site.

If you can access files on your old XP disk, look for the config.xml file stored in the F@h data directory. Your settings are stored there in plain text, and if the last one was corrupted, up to 6 prior versions will also be stored in a folder in the same directory. This is assuming you had been using a version 7 client, I forget how long ago support for the version 6 client ended,

As for the passkeys you have already received, use one, it is not tied to a specific username. As best as I can tell, you may not have used a passkey, the lookup of your bonus status does not return a record - https://apps.foldingathome.org/bonus. Just a specific username and passkey pair needs to complete 10 WUs before the bonus is given. It is not connected to a team record.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3