Donor Name/Passkey Stats Changes?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

BWG

Donor Name/Passkey Stats Changes?

Post by BWG »

Hello, for many years we've ran an event which uses passkey stats to track a users output. The query was made like this:

https://statsclassic.foldingathome.org/ ... name=(user name)&search_type=exact&passkey=(passkey#)&team=(team #)

The folder would isolate a passkey to 1 piece of hardware we tracked in a folding event.

It looks like changes were made after about 7 years or so of us doing that, and the new api appears not to allow us to do this any longer? Is there a new way to accomplish this? I have the new api as: https://api2.foldingathome.org/user/find?name=(user name)

We were in the process of re-building a statistics website to house the revived competition results when we noticed the stats stopped pulling shortly after being down on March 30th, and then fixed on March 31st. They did pull for a short time after that, but are no longer pulling as of April 9th.
Editor for teams 37726 and 239902
bruce

Re: Donor Name/Passkey Stats Changes?

Post by bruce »

Queries like that have been strongly discouraged because they delay other stats activities, including adding new stats to the DB.

The API and the server-based processing are being revised as well as the web pages.

I have not heard anything about an ETA for completion.
BWG

Post by BWG »

It's maybe 12 queries every 3 hours, but I thought we were okay to do that with the last api update? Maybe I'm wrong.
Editor for teams 37726 and 239902
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

You may have only been using it at that rate, but multiply that by many others using the same or similar API inquiries. Not all of whom limited their queries to that few. As it is, for broad based queries they should have been kept to about once an hour.

I have not seen all details, but from what I understand use of the API to query the stats database has been deprecated in general. Specific API calls are used by the F@h Stats pages to query the database, and it appears the database is only accepting queries that originate from that front end server. Some of the reports on the stats site are updated periodically, not by using an API call to the database for an instantaneous report.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3