171.67.108.25 - Not Receiving Credit For WU's

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

bollix47

Re: 171.67.108.25 - Not Receiving Credit For WU's

Post by bollix47 »

rem wrote:hi
i had the same issue with points credits ,
i changed my username , and now it ' s fine ... but restart a new client with the same username was useless :(
If the user name you used is anything like the one in your signature then I can understand why you weren't getting credit.

From the choosing a name quidelines:

Code: Select all

You can choose any name you like, as long as it contains only letters or numbers (to insert a space, you can use the underscore "_" character). If you choose your email address as your username, we will NOT print your full email address. Instead, just the part before the @ sign will be used in any stats listing, etc. 
rem

Post by rem »

i had no problem for 2 years ; i dont think the rules have changed ! :wink:

this issue happends a few days ago , as you see there : http://folding.fleucorp.net/PcPerf.htm

it looks like the AuberonKai 's issue .... :?
bollix47

Post by bollix47 »

rem wrote:i had no problem for 2 years ; i dont think the rules have changed ! :wink:

this issue happends a few days ago , as you see there : http://folding.fleucorp.net/PcPerf.htm

it looks like the AuberonKai 's issue .... :?
Recently there have been some server code updates going on at Stanford. Perhaps the new code is following the rules better than the old code :?:

I suspect the ' in ol' as AuberonKai's team name also has one of those but someone from Pande will have to comment on whether that's a possible culprit.
rem

Post by rem »

i think you' re right

it seems the problrm comes from the " ' " in the username :ewink:
AuberonKai

Post by AuberonKai »

I had already checked my configuration, and it had not misplaced my account name or team number.

I am guessing it's futile to request credit for the 50+ WU's I submitted over the last 5 days without receiving credit. It's highly irritating that nobody has a clue what's going on.
AuberonKai

Post by AuberonKai »

I changed my username to something without an apostrophe. We'll see if I get credit for this work unit that's 10% complete right now.
If not, I'll suggest to my brother to change our team name by removing the apostrophe. Hopefully, that solves it.

Thanks!
ChelseaOilman

Post by ChelseaOilman »

AuberonKai wrote:I'll suggest to my brother to change our team name by removing the apostrophe.
You need to take the apostrophe out of both your user names as well, unless Pande Group allows them again.

From Kakao Stats I see your team name is Kolo'ula's and the two users are Auberon'Ka­i and Kolo'ula.
http://kakaostats.com/t.php?t=150518

The Stanford stats page doesn't show any apostrophes.
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/mai ... num=150518

It seems everyone claiming missing credit has an apostrophe in their user name.

[PcPerf] ol' rem is in the same predicament.

Kakao Stats shows the apostrophe, Stanford stats doesn't.
http://kakaostats.com/usum.php?u=883475
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/mai ... l%27%5Frem

I think Belboz99 in this thread is having the same issue. His user name is Dan_O'Connell.

Kakao: http://kakaostats.com/t.php?filter=all& ... %27Connell
Stanford: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/mai ... %27Connell

See a pattern?
AuberonKai

Post by AuberonKai »

I do see a pattern; however, the team name having an apostrophe in it is irrelevant. I changed my username, and am now receiving credit for work units completed. The team name, since you don't configure the client with the name itself, has no effect on the collection server queries. I'm going to assume they removed the equivalent of "addslashes()" from the SQL statement. By the by, it specifically states in the rules for selecting a username that you should only have valid letters, numbers and normal punctuation. An apostrophe falls under normal punctuation, unless all those years as an English major were completely useless.

Thank you all for your insight into this issue! It is fixed for me!
ChelseaOilman

Post by ChelseaOilman »

AuberonKai wrote:By the by, it specifically states in the rules for selecting a username that you should only have valid letters, numbers and normal punctuation. An apostrophe falls under normal punctuation, unless all those years as an English major were completely useless.
Where are you getting that from?

bollix47 at the top of this page quoted the correct info from the client download page. It doesn't say anything about "normal punctuation".
VijayPande
Pande Group Member

Post by VijayPande »

PS I took a look at the stats code and I think there was a recent change that could have affected apostrophe handling in some cases. I made a fix. Hopefully that will help this issue.
Prof. Vijay Pande, PhD
Departments of Chemistry, Structural Biology, and Computer Science
Chair, Biophysics
Director, Folding@home Distributed Computing Project
Stanford University
AuberonKai

Post by AuberonKai »

I got that from the client configuration page, directly below the Username textbox. Correct info or not, he quoted something differing from the client configuration screen.

Perhaps there's a need for a client text update?

7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Yes, the client does need updating. It does not match the text on the download page. The text on the download page hasn't changed as long as I can remember, and does state alphanumeric only (as posted above). However, that is not always strictly enforced... which just leads to more problems like this. Guess we'll be seeing a v6.24 sooner than later. ;)

F@H isn't well known for it's consistency. :(
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
VijayPande
Pande Group Member

Post by VijayPande »

Yes, that's a good point. I looked again and saw that our stats code was supporting apostrophes, but that got broken in a recent upgrade. We've fixed that and re-ran the stats to recredit.
Prof. Vijay Pande, PhD
Departments of Chemistry, Structural Biology, and Computer Science
Chair, Biophysics
Director, Folding@home Distributed Computing Project
Stanford University