missing credit Project: 11713 (Run 14, Clone 149, Gen 280)

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

missing credit Project: 11713 (Run 14, Clone 149, Gen 280)

Postby goodyca » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:29 am

The subject WU was completed August 25th at 19:43 UTC, but no credit was given.

Code: Select all
0:23:16:WU00:FS00:Connecting to 65.254.110.245:8080
10:23:16:WU00:FS00:Assigned to work server 140.163.4.231
10:23:16:WU00:FS00:Requesting new work unit for slot 00: RUNNING gpu:0:GP107 [GeForce GTX 1050 Ti]  2138 from 140.163.4.231
10:23:16:WU00:FS00:Connecting to 140.163.4.231:8080
10:23:17:WU00:FS00:Downloading 16.51MiB
10:23:20:WU00:FS00:Download complete
10:23:20:WU00:FS00:Received Unit: id:00 state:DOWNLOAD error:NO_ERROR project:11713 run:14 clone:149 gen:280 core:0x21 unit:0x000001608ca304e75a5cfe1f510aee39
10:23:20:WU00:FS00:Starting
10:23:20:WU00:FS00:Running FahCore: /usr/bin/FAHCoreWrapper /var/lib/fahclient/cores/cores.foldingathome.org/Linux/AMD64/NVIDIA/Fermi/Core_21.fah/FahCore_21 -dir 00 -suffix 01 -version 705 -lifeline 1723 -checkpoint 15 -gpu-vendor nvidia -opencl-device 0 -cuda-device 0 -gpu 0
10:23:20:WU00:FS00:Started FahCore on PID 20656
10:23:20:WU00:FS00:Core PID:20660
10:23:20:WU00:FS00:FahCore 0x21 started
10:23:21:WU00:FS00:0x21:*********************** Log Started 2018-08-25T10:23:20Z ***********************
10:23:21:WU00:FS00:0x21:Project: 11713 (Run 14, Clone 149, Gen 280)
10:23:21:WU00:FS00:0x21:Unit: 0x000001608ca304e75a5cfe1f510aee39
10:23:21:WU00:FS00:0x21:CPU: 0x00000000000000000000000000000000
10:23:21:WU00:FS00:0x21:Machine: 0
10:23:21:WU00:FS00:0x21:Reading tar file core.xml
10:23:21:WU00:FS00:0x21:Reading tar file integrator.xml
10:23:21:WU00:FS00:0x21:Reading tar file state.xml
10:23:21:WU00:FS00:0x21:Reading tar file system.xml
10:23:21:WU00:FS00:0x21:Digital signatures verified
10:23:21:WU00:FS00:0x21:Folding@home GPU Core21 Folding@home Core
10:23:21:WU00:FS00:0x21:Version 0.0.18
10:23:27:WU00:FS00:0x21:Completed 0 out of 7500000 steps (0%)
10:23:27:WU00:FS00:0x21:Temperature control disabled. Requirements: single Nvidia GPU, tmax must be < 110 and twait >= 900
10:29:01:WU00:FS00:0x21:Completed 75000 out of 7500000 steps (1%)
10:34:35:WU00:FS00:0x21:Completed 150000 out of 7500000 steps (2%)
10:40:09:WU00:FS00:0x21:Completed 225000 out of 7500000 steps (3%)
...
19:25:43:WU00:FS00:0x21:Completed 7275000 out of 7500000 steps (97%)
19:31:17:WU00:FS00:0x21:Completed 7350000 out of 7500000 steps (98%)
19:36:52:WU00:FS00:0x21:Completed 7425000 out of 7500000 steps (99%)
19:42:26:WU00:FS00:0x21:Completed 7500000 out of 7500000 steps (100%)
19:42:28:WU00:FS00:0x21:Saving result file logfile_01.txt
19:42:28:WU00:FS00:0x21:Saving result file checkpointState.xml
19:42:28:WU00:FS00:0x21:Saving result file checkpt.crc
19:42:28:WU00:FS00:0x21:Saving result file log.txt
19:42:28:WU00:FS00:0x21:Saving result file positions.xtc
19:42:28:WU00:FS00:0x21:Folding@home Core Shutdown: FINISHED_UNIT
19:42:29:WU00:FS00:FahCore returned: FINISHED_UNIT (100 = 0x64)
19:42:29:WU00:FS00:Sending unit results: id:00 state:SEND error:NO_ERROR project:11713 run:14 clone:149 gen:280 core:0x21 unit:0x000001608ca304e75a5cfe1f510aee39
19:42:29:WU00:FS00:Uploading 11.78MiB to 140.163.4.231
19:42:29:WU00:FS00:Connecting to 140.163.4.231:8080
19:42:35:WU00:FS00:Upload 27.59%
19:42:43:WU00:FS00:Upload 57.83%
19:42:49:WU00:FS00:Upload 74.28%
19:42:58:WU00:FS00:Upload 99.22%
19:43:04:WU00:FS00:Upload complete
19:43:04:WU00:FS00:Server responded WORK_ACK (400)
19:43:04:WU00:FS00:Final credit estimate, 70124.00 points
19:43:04:WU00:FS00:Cleaning up
goodyca
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:36 pm

Re: missing credit Project: 11713 (Run 14, Clone 149, Gen 28

Postby Joe_H » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:06 pm

You received credit for that WU:
Hi goodyca (team 439), Your WU (P11713 R14 G280) was added to the stats database on Sun Aug 26 09:04:24 CDT 2018 for 15965 points of credit.
Image

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Joe_H
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4178
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:41 pm
Location: W. MA

Re: missing credit Project: 11713 (Run 14, Clone 149, Gen 28

Postby goodyca » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:34 pm

Joe_H wrote:You received credit for that WU:
Hi goodyca (team 439), Your WU (P11713 R14 G280) was added to the stats database on Sun Aug 26 09:04:24 CDT 2018 for 15965 points of credit.

Why does the log file estimate the credit at 70124 points? The 15965 points is the base credit for the WU. I have been folding for many years with the same user name and passkey and should receive an early return bonus of about 54162 points.

My records indicate that about 70123 were not given at the time that this WU was completed, and I don't see an extra 15965 points credit to my user name this morning between 9:00 and 10:00 CDT.

Are you positive the credit was not actually given to another user?
goodyca
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:36 pm

Re: missing credit Project: 11713 (Run 14, Clone 149, Gen 28

Postby Joe_H » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:59 pm

That is quoted directly from the result I got querying the mods database, there was only a single entry listed for that WU.

As for passkey, while I can not check what passkey is associated with this WU return, the database shows your username has been used with a total of 5 different passkeys. 4 look to be from either not entering a passkey, or from having entered the passkey in such a way that it was not an exact match. Those 4 entries just have a few WU's each connected to them. So as a first check I would recommend you take a look at the passkey entry for that client to see if it is entered correctly.

It is also possible something was not handled correctly on the servers when this WU was turned in. Following up on that however will need someone from PG to look into the server logs. That may not be possible until tomorrow.
Joe_H
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4178
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:41 pm
Location: W. MA

Re: missing credit Project: 11713 (Run 14, Clone 149, Gen 28

Postby bruce » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:33 pm

goodyca wrote:Are you positive the credit was not actually given to another user?


I have NEVER seen a situation where a WU completed by user1 was credited to the account of user2. Sometimes the credit for user1 have been delayed due to a problem with the databaase. In really rare instances, user1 may never receive the credit (say two different RAID devices got full and the crediting process lost both the original credit record and the backup credit record).

if user1 does not return the WU, a new copy of the WU will be issued to someone else, so if user2 got credit, it's because user2 ALSO completed the WU.
bruce
 
Posts: 21547
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: So. Cal.

Re: missing credit Project: 11713 (Run 14, Clone 149, Gen 28

Postby goodyca » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:11 am

Joe_H wrote:That is quoted directly from the result I got querying the mods database, there was only a single entry listed for that WU.

As for passkey, while I can not check what passkey is associated with this WU return, the database shows your username has been used with a total of 5 different passkeys. 4 look to be from either not entering a passkey, or from having entered the passkey in such a way that it was not an exact match. Those 4 entries just have a few WU's each connected to them. So as a first check I would recommend you take a look at the passkey entry for that client to see if it is entered correctly.

It is also possible something was not handled correctly on the servers when this WU was turned in. Following up on that however will need someone from PG to look into the server logs. That may not be possible until tomorrow.

I was issued my one and only passkey during January of 2010. All 6 of my clients currently have that passkey entered in their config files. Since using that passkey in January of 2010, I have successfully completed about 77,374 WUs.

How many WU's are included in the 4 minority passkey entry's? I am assuming that you are able to obtain only the cumulative for each user id / passkey entry.
goodyca
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:36 pm

Re: missing credit Project: 11713 (Run 14, Clone 149, Gen 28

Postby bruce » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:59 pm

One passkey has completed 76980 bonus WUs and a few non-bonus WUs.

The other 4 passkeys have processed only a VERY few WU. I wouldn't worry about them.
All you can really do is verify that going forward, you're using the active passkey that you were assigned.
bruce
 
Posts: 21547
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: So. Cal.

Re: missing credit Project: 11713 (Run 14, Clone 149, Gen 28

Postby goodyca » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:31 pm

bruce wrote:One passkey has completed 76980 bonus WUs and a few non-bonus WUs.

The other 4 passkeys have processed only a VERY few WU. I wouldn't worry about them.
All you can really do is verify that going forward, you're using the active passkey that you were assigned.

My concern is not regarding the entering of a bad passkey. When I add a new client, the passkey is copied and pasted from the original message received from PG. I have not updated or corrected any of my client's passkeys in the past.

The concern is the possibility of an obscure bug in the server software, that only occurs in very rare cases. At lease one case has been documented during the last 2 months. jcoffland has done an excellent job of improving the user stats reporting. The system works much better than in the past, however, bugs do occur in all software.

by Joe_H » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:06 am

You received credit for that WU:
Hi goodyca (team 439), Your WU (P11713 R14 G280) was added to the stats database on Sun Aug 26 09:04:24 CDT 2018 for 15965 points of credit.


This doesn't make any sense. The subject WU was successfully uploaded 8-25-18 at 19:43 UTC, but the above quote indicates that credit was given a day later at 14:04 UTC, more than 18 hours late.

During this 18 hours, I had 4 other WU's that were uploaded to the same server (140.163.4.231) and proper credit was given. It appears the server was functioning normally during this period, why the long delay?

In addition, my client log files indicate that on the August 26th from 9:00 CDT to 10:00 CDT, I successfully uploaded 2 other WU's for a total of 19,419 points, and the flat files indicated I earned 19,420 points during this hour. The quoted 15,965 points does not appear this hour or any subsequent hour.

Something fishy is going on with this WU and/or server.

Have you received any response from PG regarding the problem?

If a problem report has not been filed with PG, please do so.
goodyca
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:36 pm

Re: missing credit Project: 11713 (Run 14, Clone 149, Gen 28

Postby bruce » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:17 am

goodyca wrote:This doesn't make any sense. The subject WU was successfully uploaded 8-25-18 at 19:43 UTC, but the above quote indicates that credit was given a day later at 14:04 UTC, more than 18 hours late.

During this 18 hours, I had 4 other WU's that were uploaded to the same server (140.163.4.231) and proper credit was given. It appears the server was functioning normally during this period, why the long delay?

In addition, my client log files indicate that on the August 26th from 9:00 CDT to 10:00 CDT, I successfully uploaded 2 other WU's for a total of 19,419 points, and the flat files indicated I earned 19,420 points during this hour. The quoted 15,965 points does not appear this hour or any subsequent hour.

Something fishy is going on with this WU and/or server.


There WAS a report of a temporary problem with the database. It was fixed.

(I'm going to assume the problem prevented your credit from being posted immediately.)

When something like that happens, FAH managment will MANUALLY re-credit data the for any WUs that got "lost" from a backup. This process can easily account for the "more than 18 hours late" component of your complaint. That backup information contains the PRCG and date-times of download and upload hence the bonus does not change based on the date-time that the information is eventually posted.

You had that WU for 0.60 days before you returned it. (I have not manually recalculated your bonus, but you're welcome to do that.)
bruce
 
Posts: 21547
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: So. Cal.

Re: missing credit Project: 11713 (Run 14, Clone 149, Gen 28

Postby goodyca » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:48 am

54,162
goodyca
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:36 pm

Re: missing credit Project: 11713 (Run 14, Clone 149, Gen 28

Postby bruce » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:32 pm

OK. Based on the information you have provide (an incorrect bonus credit) and my earlier assumption that this WU went through the re-credit process, I've contacted PG to have them re-check that the bonus for a recredited WU is incorrect. That gives them a specific set of (rarely used) code that potentially contains a bug.
bruce
 
Posts: 21547
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: So. Cal.


Return to Issues with a specific WU

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron