WU total (seemingly) stopped counting

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

noehch

WU total (seemingly) stopped counting

Post by noehch »

Currently, I'm missing 6 credits. Not sure which projects.
Most were completed on my PS3 -- and, not really sure how to retrieve a log for that (or if I can).

Oddly enough, the "Date of last WU" stat continues to update.
And my rank might even have continued to progress.

Name: subcbd (Team: 0)
WU: 84 (PS3: 87, PC: 3)

Any ideas?
bruce

Re: WU total (seemingly) stopped counting

Post by bruce »

There is no way to retrieve a log from the PS3. I added it to the suggested improvements list when I first tried the PS3 but nothing has appeared when the software was updated. Maybe we'll see it someday and maybe not.

Forum Moderators can check the last upload from any of your computers. The last WU from your PS3 was from project 3426 and took 0.04 days to complete so it must have contained an error.

A certain percentage of WUs do contain errors but if it took less than an hour it's not something to worry about. The servers have been having problems, too, and I don't have any way to distinguish between the two.
noehch

Post by noehch »

Unless I just got another iteration of it, 3426 is currently running (PS3: 88).
I've got about 1.5 hours left till it's done.

But, I did interrupt it. So, would the "0.04 days" be from the initial upload when restarting FAH?
bruce

Post by bruce »

noehch wrote:Unless I just got another iteration of it, 3426 is currently running (PS3: 88).
I've got about 1.5 hours left till it's done.

But, I did interrupt it. So, would the "0.04 days" be from the initial upload when restarting FAH?
Without data from the internal logs in the PS3 it is difficult to say.

If it works the same way as the PC clients, when a WU is interrupted, it ususally resumes work on the same WU without any kind of report to the servers. In rare instances, an error is generated, a report is made to the servers, and a new WU is downloaded. The way the PC client handles the error if one actually occurs has changed considerably -- mostly as a result of improvements to both the client code and the server code -- and it's impossible to know how the PS3 will deal with this case.

The most recent result reported from your PS3 is still the same report I noted yesterday (the "0.04 days" WU) which was posted 2008-01-31 12:00:02 PST (just over 20 hours ago) but with the server difficulties that FAH has been having plus the addition of WUs with longer run-times, I'm not sure that proves anything. What project number is currently running?