No Credit for project 4024

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Sazar

No Credit for project 4024

Post by Sazar »

My PS3 completed a LARGE project with 1.2 million units yesterday. Per the project summary link, project 4024, for PS3's, is worth 1500 points.

My PS3 completed and submitted that project and has since completed and submitted another WU and received credit for the second item but I have yet to see credit for 4024.

I checked the server status for the project and was not able to see if there was an issue with that.

User id is Sazar, team is 35216.

Please assist :)

-edit-

Reading through the forums, it seems there is an update issue currently (weird since my other PS3 unit uploaded, but understandable). Is there an ETA? And when this is fixed will credit for this WU be assigned correctly? :)

Thanks much
Intel Q9450 | 8GB Corsair XMS2 | 4870 1GB | Logitech G-15/G-9 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64

AMD 4400+ | 2GB Corsair XMS | 8800 GTS 512 | Logitech Edge | Windows 7 Ultimate x32
Sazar

Re: No Credit for project 4024

Post by Sazar »

Well, I've posted 3 more WU's from my PS3 and still no credit for the big one :)

Anyone have any info on this WU and an ETA on when we may start seeing credit for it?
Intel Q9450 | 8GB Corsair XMS2 | 4870 1GB | Logitech G-15/G-9 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64

AMD 4400+ | 2GB Corsair XMS | 8800 GTS 512 | Logitech Edge | Windows 7 Ultimate x32
bruce

Post by bruce »

Sazar wrote:Well, I've posted 3 more WU's from my PS3 and still no credit for the big one :)

Anyone have any info on this WU and an ETA on when we may start seeing credit for it?
Please read the NEWS blog (a link is above) which gives a lot of information about the current PS3 problems.

We do know that certain WUs are not getting credit. Based on the Pande Group's history with the PC clients, they've been pretty good about reprocessing the missing credits, but it never happens quickly. First, a problem has to be identified (such as this current server-client issue). Second, the problem must be resolved (and, in this case, it sounds like that will require a new client update). Then they check all of the server logs from the beginning date to the ending date of the problem -- compare that data to what was actually credited to avoid double credits -- and add the missing credits all at one time. That's a big job and obviously that cannot happen quickly, but I'm confident that eventually the missing credits will show up.

When I go to the public stats page and look at your name and team number, under Detailed listing for projects 4000-4999, it shows very clearly that you have not yet received credit for any 4024 WUs. That may be because the result has not yet uploaded (due to server congestion) or there may also be a separate problem with the crediting.
Sazar

Post by Sazar »

Thanks Bruce.

My only concern is that while my other WU's are piling up correctly, I haven't seen the new WU credits posted and I was interested in an ETA if possible.

If things aren't credited in the next few days, I will post again I guess, just to alert that there is a problem.

As always, appreciate your help

bruce

Post by bruce »

Sazar wrote:Thanks Bruce.

My only concern is that while my other WU's are piling up correctly, I haven't seen the new WU credits posted and I was interested in an ETA if possible.

If things aren't credited in the next few days, I will post again I guess, just to alert that there is a problem.

As always, appreciate your help
The only ETA possible is whatever can be concluded from the NEWS blog and what I said before.
1) Fix the problem
2) Determine if there were crediting errors or just delayed uploads
3) If necessary, reprocess all of the data from the PS3 servers during the time-period in question.
4) Carefully verify which credits are missing and eliminate double-crediting.
5) Add the results to the stats.

The only answer I have is "not soon" based on the following:
The duration of 1 is unknown. The delay for the servers to accept all queued uploads is not short. If steps 3-5 need to be done, they'll take several weeks.
Sazar

Post by Sazar »

Thanks much :)

I guess since you have answered my question, we can close this thread?

Appreciate the assistance Bruce.