Issue with 2677 r19/c34/g26 (and P2677R33C64G28 and others)

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

BrokenWolf

Issue with 2677 r19/c34/g26 (and P2677R33C64G28 and others)

Post by BrokenWolf »

Had this assigned to a system that was folding as a service. Client just up and died. It was roughly right after it got it from what I can tell. Configured it to no longer run as a service. Rebooted the system, deleted the FahCore_a2.exe as it was 2.07. Started fah6 back up, 6.24 beta, it downloaded the 2.08 a2 core and then started folding. Or so I thought.

The screen shot below shows the top command, indicating that the system using one cpu core only (it has 2).

Can we please get this issue looked at? You other folks with 2677 issues may want to delete your 2.07 a2 FahCore_a2.exe file and let it download the 2.08 to see if instead of acting like it did, it only uses 1 core to fold.

I restarted it again and watched TOP. It had 3 FahCore_a2.exe instances listed but only one of the was going @ 100%. All the rest went away after ~5 seconds.

Here is the system 8 minutes into folding this WU. I caught it when it had 4 FahCore_a2.exe files but only one has any cpu time. After I took the screen shot the other 3 went away. This is happening to multiple users now and I feel that it needs to be addressed as soon as possible.

edit: I have created a tar file with the entire folder structure so if needed I can provide it for troubleshooting