CoreStatus? what does it mean? [is it related to 0x12?]

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

MoneyGuyBK

CoreStatus? what does it mean? [is it related to 0x12?]

Post by MoneyGuyBK »

Hi..... sorry to bring the issue up again about the 0x12 Error.
I have not encountered this error for a good while now.....
And all of a sudden today, it came up again...

My Question is.... What is the note about CoreStatus right before the Error message?
I have noticed when CoreStatus = 64 (100) all is well, and the finished WU is uploaded.
Today, after going through this mishap, I noticed this CodeStatus for the first time.... And looking back at my previous snips, I see this same - or similar - CoreStatus = 12 (18) message {Anything Other Than 64 (100)} is going hand-in-hand with the 0x12 Error..... Could one of the Gurus or Mods please try to enlighten me about this?

See snips to follow... TIA

Peace
T.E.A.M. “Together Everyone Accomplishes Miracles!”
OC, S. California ... God Bless All
Flathead74

Re: CoreStatus? what does it mean? [is it related to 0x12?]

Post by Flathead74 »

The FahWiki states:

Error: Could not write local file. Exiting.
- Shutting down core
CoreStatus = 12 (18)
Client-core communications error: ERROR 0x12

This error occurs if the (SMP) client is started but the files of the current work unit (as registered in the queue.dat) have been deleted.

http://fahwiki.net/index.php/CoreStatus_codes
MoneyGuyBK

Post by MoneyGuyBK »

Thanx FlatHead.....
So... how could those files have been deleted?
The client started to work on that WU at about 11:30pm last night....
I never shut it off.... as a matter of fact the PC was not used all day; and was left folding.
I came home at about 5:30pm and started to read my emailes..... once done, I checked the client and found that it did Error 0x12.

How could those files have been deleted? Is this hardware related? or is there something I could do about this to avoid the error in the future?
TIA

Peace
butc8

Post by butc8 »

Unfortunately I dont know the answer to your question, never had this problem before.

Anyway how do you get your log file to show that Mega-Flops Accounting, its interesting, Im running my client(SMP) at verbosity 9 and doesnt show that.
MoneyGuyBK

Post by MoneyGuyBK »

Anyway how do you get your log file to show that Mega-Flops Accounting, its interesting, Im running my client(SMP) at verbosity 9 and doesnt show that.
I am not doing anything different.... it's just there.
I wish I knew a way to cut and paste the file rather than having to do screenshots.
I can copy from Linux, but since I am running it in a VM, I cannot paste into Windows :(

Peace
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

MoneyGuyBK wrote: I wish I knew a way to cut and paste the file rather than having to do screenshots.
I can copy from Linux, but since I am running it in a VM, I cannot paste into Windows
Surf to the forum from the Web Browser program in the VM. The forum doesn't care if you paste in from a Windows browser or a Linux browser. ;)
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
MoneyGuyBK

Post by MoneyGuyBK »

Surf to the forum from the Web Browser program in the VM. The forum doesn't care if you paste in from a Windows browser or a Linux browser
:shock: :oops: :? :eo :idea:

Peace
Mattus
Hardware configuration: Intel Q6600 @ 3.1Ghz, GeForce 8800GT, 4GB DDR2 RAM, ASUS P5Q Pro
Windows 7 64-bit

Post by Mattus »

I also get CoreStatus = 12 (18) in conjunction with the 0x12 error. I've had limited success at preventing it by periodically clearing out the work folders of any stray files. It seems to prevent it about 80% of the time.
MoneyGuyBK

Post by MoneyGuyBK »

... periodically clearing out the work folders of any stray files. It seems to prevent it about 80% of the time
Yes.... I have been doing that too.... at times this method works.... for a while.... as you said.
Other times, it still does not work.

Another thing I do, is to go to Task Manager and manually set Affinity for each of my two VW instances. that does not help with the error, but it does take about 2 hours off of the completion time.
Reason for my bringing this up: for a while I thought maybe I was causing 0x12 by messing with Affinity... so I reverted back,,,, still got the error no matter what!!!

I realize it is a beta,,,, but when I get 2-3 of these in a row, I want to pull out my hair :shock:

Peace
Mattus
Hardware configuration: Intel Q6600 @ 3.1Ghz, GeForce 8800GT, 4GB DDR2 RAM, ASUS P5Q Pro
Windows 7 64-bit

Post by Mattus »

Yeah... yet another 0x12 and 12 (18) last night, with no wuresults_x.dat file left to upload... another day's folding wasted. I've taken to backing up the client folder if I see the WU get to 90-95% - when it 0x12s, the WU will usually complete fine from the backup so it's not an issue intrinsic to a specific WU or configuration. But with my quad-core doing at least 2 WUs a day I always can't be around to babysit the client like that. I realise it's a beta, but I need to go out and I need to sleep :)
folding proudly for team 10, OcUK ¦ what am I folding?