Missing bonus points

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

shinigamibob
Hardware configuration: CPU: Core i7 950 @ 4Ghz (or 3.8 depending on my mood ;)
Mobo: P6X58D-E
RAM: 24GB Corsair Vengeance 9-9-9-24 at 1453Mhz or (1604Mhz dependent on mood again)
GPU: 3x EVGA GTS 450 1GB 882/1764/1900

Missing bonus points

Post by shinigamibob »

Hi,

I've been folding for quite a while now and I understand that there is a minimum 80% completion ratio needed to earn bonus points. That said, I haven't been receiving bonus points for the 6+ WUs I've completed - only base points. I'm also using the same passkey I've used for as long as I can remember.

I remember my machine having a whole lot of stability issues a couple months ago, so I stopped folding during that time to get it fixed. Maybe I downloaded a bunch of WUs but didn't return any of them. Any information you can provide is much appreciated.

folding username: shinigamibob
Last submitted WU (to my knowledge) is project 8056, run 33, clone 23, gen 26

Thanks in advance
bollix47

Re: Missing bonus points

Post by bollix47 »

Welcome to the folding support forum shinigamibob.

Your current QRB percentage is at 79%. You need to complete 6 more successfully without any more failures to reach 80% and start receiving the bonus again.
shinigamibob
Hardware configuration: CPU: Core i7 950 @ 4Ghz (or 3.8 depending on my mood ;)
Mobo: P6X58D-E
RAM: 24GB Corsair Vengeance 9-9-9-24 at 1453Mhz or (1604Mhz dependent on mood again)
GPU: 3x EVGA GTS 450 1GB 882/1764/1900

Post by shinigamibob »

Damn, I wonder what happened to bring it down so much. Guess my overclock isn't as stable as I thought it was :(
bollix47

Post by bollix47 »

You appear to have used as many as 4 passkeys but the figures I've quoted above refer to the passkey that you've completed the most WUs with. If that isn't the passkey that you're using then the figure of 6 may be low. If you want me to check a specific passkey you'll have to send it to me in a PM.
Sam-I-Am

Post by Sam-I-Am »

Hi,

I have a similar question. I've lost a few SMP WUs. As a result, I have not been getting the QRB.
Can you please tell me how many more WUs are required before I reach 80% SMP WU return rate,
and become eligible for QRB?

Thanks,
Sam-I-Am
bollix47

Post by bollix47 »

I can see no passkey information associated with the user name Sam-I-Am.

If you're sure you have entered one then send it to me in a PM.

If you haven't got a passkey you can get one here and then copy/paste it in your configuration.
Sam-I-Am

Post by Sam-I-Am »

Passkey sent via PM.
(It has been correctly entered in FAHControl -> Configure -> Identity since I began folding.)

Thanks for your help.
Sam-I-Am
bollix47

Post by bollix47 »

Again, even with your passkey I'm not seeing any passkey stats for your name.

Can you post 20 or 30 lines from the top of a log making sure it includes your System Info and Configuration.

See the post here.
bollix47

Post by bollix47 »

I think the reason I'm having trouble is because of the middle character in Sam-I-Am. When I copy/paste your name the middle character changes from what looks like a formal capital i to I but isn't the same as it's displayed in your forum name or stats. :e?:
Sam-I-Am

Post by Sam-I-Am »

Please let me know if the submitted log.txt data is sufficient, or more info is needed.

Thank you again.
Sam-I-Am

P.S. The username is (in lower case) sam-i-am, as in Dr. Seuss book, "Green Eggs and Ham" --
I am Sam; Sam I am; I like green eggs and ham.
Sam-I-Am

Post by Sam-I-Am »

Glad that username issue is now sorted out. Hope you can now see the Passkey association as well.
Back to original question -- Can you tell me how many more WUs are needed to qualify for SMP QRB?

Thanks again,
Sam-I-Am
bollix47

Post by bollix47 »

The username is not really sorted but I was able to see some passkey stats and I'm fairly certain they're yours. If I'm right your % is in the 50s and you would have to successfully complete around 50 more WUs with no failures in order to get back to 80%(using the 2nd line below). It would be faster to get a new passkey using a different e-mail address(assuming you have another one) and start fresh which would mean successfully completing just 10 WUs. That's if you've sorted whatever was causing your failures.

This is what I'm seeing:

Code: Select all

Name	Passkey Entered	Bonus Finished	Bonus Expired	% finished
Sam-I-Am	passkey hidden	         11               8           57
Sam-I-Am	passkey hidden	         18              16           52
Sam-I-Am

Post by Sam-I-Am »

OK. Thanks for your help. I like your suggestion.

Thanks again.
Sam-I-Am
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

How'd you get so many expired work units?
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
Sam-I-Am

Post by Sam-I-Am »

Actually, that's quite a bit more expired WUs than I remembered. The things is, I had been experimenting with automating
power and cooling efficiency of SMP + GPU folding. When one or both slots reach certain threshold, I'd like to scale it back
or slow it down. Looks like during my debug, instead of pausing a slot, I somehow removed it. I suspect that's what caused
the expired WUs.

Thanks again!
Sam-I-Am