No Credit for 306x WUs

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

mmonnin

No Credit for 306x WUs

Post by mmonnin »

Is anyone getting credit for any of these. I haven't recieved credit for any of these WUs since around the time (at least) the stats server stopped updating the other day. I should be sitting at 7.5k-8k PPD and its down to like 2-2.5k and most of that is from a PS3.

I looked at several team's stats today and everyone seems to be WAY down compared to normal, around half of their normal team PPD at 7PM.

I just turned off my C2D, C2Q and Opteron 165 systems since I'm not getting credit. Its bad enough these are several hundred PPD lower than the 2653 WUs but to not even recieve credit for work done is unacceptable. I've been folding since 2003 and this is the worst I've ever seen it. Now that the temperature is rising here in the US, I will not be spinning my wheels for nothing.

I did a quick look around and havent seen anything reguarding 306x WUs in general and a complete lack of missing points. Please let me know if I happened to miss it.
bruce

Re: No Credit for 306x WUs

Post by bruce »

The credits are being added to the database, though I'm not sure if the database is reporting all of the data. Clearly if you've turned off your machines, you won't get any delayed credits when others do, but that's your decision.

This one is from 33 hours ago. Do you have a PRCG from a later one?

Hi mmonnin (team 93),
Your WU (P3064 R3 C146 G2) was added to the stats database on 2008-04-24 08:26:49 for 1753 points of credit.
Tobit

Post by Tobit »

mmonnin wrote:I will not be spinning my wheels for nothing.
You want some cheese with your whine? Sheesh, I've sure see a lot of whining from a lot of people since I started folding last week. WTF is wrong with you people? We're supposed to be folding for humanity not merely for points and some kind of e-penis status symbol. :roll:
alancabler

Post by alancabler »

mmonnin wrote:Is anyone getting credit for any of these. I haven't recieved credit for any of these WUs since around the time (at least) the stats server stopped updating the other day.
There's your answer...
I looked at several team's stats today and everyone seems to be WAY down compared to normal, around half of their normal team PPD at 7PM.
So, did that tell you anything?
I just turned off my C2D, C2Q and Opteron 165 systems since I'm not getting credit.
You certainly aren't earning credit now.
Its bad enough these are several hundred PPD lower than the 2653 WUs but to not even recieve credit for work done is unacceptable.
You will get credit eventually. This isn't the first server snafu, and credit is always applied later. Just think how big your one-day total will be when things get sorted out. You might even have enough points to buy your own high-altitude submarine.
I've been folding since 2003 and this is the worst I've ever seen it. Now that the temperature is rising here in the US, I will not be spinning my wheels for nothing.
Take 2 aspirins and you'll feel better in the morning.

By the way, there's a $5 fine for whining.

/had my "snarky attitude" booster shot today 8-)
Facts are not truth. Facts are merely facets of the shining diamond of truth.
bruce

Post by bruce »

There were some stats updates since the initial problems started but apparently there is a new problem now. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2300
mmonnin

Post by mmonnin »

alancabler wrote:
mmonnin wrote:Is anyone getting credit for any of these. I haven't recieved credit for any of these WUs since around the time (at least) the stats server stopped updating the other day.
There's your answer...
Nothing was updating then and an update was given by Stanford. Now it is just particular types of WUs. You forgot part of it, "at least". I dont keep exact track of my own stats but when its cut to nearly 1/4 usual it becomes noticeable so I dont have the exact date. Take the $5...

Bruce, check the date on that link. Twas in Feb. Is that the same problem?

Of course there have been later WUs turn in. We all know that an Intel C2D and C2Q system can do any SMP WU in less time than 33 hours.
3064(0,279,2)
3064(5,83,21)
3065(1,85,19)
3065(2,358,0)
3062(0,107,3)

Pretty sure those were turned in during the last 33 hours, maybe not the 1st. I just went back 33 hours in my log files.

Tobit, I as well as many other people have been doing this for a long time and we all know that if there was no other incentive other than the good of humanity that this project would have gone nowhere. No DC project would be anywhere w/o some type of stats system. Its human nature, we're competitive and thats all there is to it. Frankly, it gets people addicted. I'll admit I was one who constantly check stats multiple times daily. FAH is not the cheapest thing on a budget, especially when one supports the project with their own pocket during the summer months. Those of us who have spent thousands on this proect over the years expect some type of return for actually knowing that we have done some good.

Dang, that Opty system had been up since Sept until today.
codysluder

Post by codysluder »

mmonnin wrote:Bruce, check the date on that link. Twas in Feb. Is that the same problem?
In addition to whining, apparently you can't read. Where do you see Feb.?
2008-04-24 = 24th day of April, 2008.

And for the next 33 hours, I think that's covered here.
bruce wrote:There were some stats updates since the initial problems started but apparently there is a new problem now. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2300
So in regard to your original post:

Please let me know if I happened to miss it.
You did miss some updates since the stats server stopped updating last weekend.

Moderator: Please lock this thread. It has been answered.
bruce

Post by bruce »

codysluder wrote:Moderator: Please lock this thread. It has been answered.
I agree.