Page 1 of 1

WU p2307_BBA5 not showing up

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:19 pm
by .Walrus.
Hey, I finished this WU yesterday but it hasn't shown up anywhere and I didn't get credit for it - I couldn't find it listed on the projects page either. It showed I had completed 21 WU's on my client, but not on my stats on any webpage. Any ideas why?

here's the log file:

[17:53:07] *------------------------------*
[17:53:07] Folding@Home Double Gromacs Core
[17:53:07] Version 1.91 (April 11, 2006)
[17:53:07]
[17:53:07] Preparing to commence simulation
[17:53:07] - Looking at optimizations...
[17:53:07] - Created dyn
[17:53:07] - Files status OK
[17:53:08] - Expanded 644772 -> 2257317 (decompressed 350.0 percent)
[17:53:08] - Starting from initial work packet
[17:53:08]
[17:53:08] Project: 2307 (Run 40, Clone 79, Gen 6)
[17:53:08]
[17:53:08] Assembly optimizations on if available.
[17:53:08] Entering M.D.
[17:53:14] Protein: p2307_BBA5
[17:53:14]
[17:53:14] Writing local files
[17:53:15] Extra SSE2 boost OK.
[17:53:15] Writing local files
[17:53:15] Completed 0 out of 100000 steps (0)
[17:53:48] Opening http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main ... .Walrus....
[18:03:51] Writing local files
[18:03:51] Completed 1000 out of 100000 steps (1)
[18:05:38] Opening http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main ... .Walrus....
[18:05:52] Opening http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main ... .Walrus....
[18:08:20] Opening http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main ... .Walrus....
[18:13:29] Opening http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main ... .Walrus....
[18:14:55] Writing local files
[18:14:55] Completed 2000 out of 100000 steps (2)
[18:16:32] Opening http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main ... .Walrus....
[18:21:53] + Working...
[18:25:29] Writing local files
[18:25:29] Completed 3000 out of 100000 steps (3)
[18:35:53] Writing local files
[18:35:53] Completed 4000 out of 100000 steps (4)
[18:46:16] Writing local files
[18:46:16] Completed 5000 out of 100000 steps (5)
etc...
[12:11:26] Completed 98000 out of 100000 steps (98)
[12:21:49] Writing local files
[12:21:49] Completed 99000 out of 100000 steps (99)
[12:21:53] + Working...
[12:32:13] Writing local files
[12:32:13] Completed 100000 out of 100000 steps (100)
[12:32:13] Writing final coordinates.
[12:32:13] Past main M.D. loop
[12:33:13]
[12:33:13] Finished Work Unit:
[12:33:13] - Reading up to 585764 from "work/wudata_04.arc": Read 585764
[12:33:13] - Reading up to 130208 from "work/wudata_04.xtc": Read 130208
[12:33:13] goefile size: 0
[12:33:13] logfile size: 13997
[12:33:13] Leaving Run
[12:33:16] - Writing 737137 bytes of core data to disk...
[12:33:16] ... Done.
[12:33:16] - Shutting down core
[12:33:16]
[12:33:16] Folding@home Core Shutdown: FINISHED_UNIT
[12:33:18] CoreStatus = 64 (100)
[12:33:18] Sending work to server


[12:33:18] + Attempting to send results
[12:33:37] + Results successfully sent
[12:33:37] Thank you for your contribution to Folding@Home.
[12:33:37] + Number of Units Completed: 21


thanks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:33 pm
by bruce
I can't find a record of that WU in the moderator database. What was the date that the WU was downloaded? Apparently you're saying that it was uploaded at 12:33 UTC on 10Dec. (If you tell me your time-zone, it's okay to use local times.)

Look back in FAHlog.txt to the last time you restarted the client. Does it show your correct UserName and TeamNumber?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:47 pm
by .Walrus.
Sorry, it was downloaded on the 9th December and I'm in the UK. Yeah, like I say it's wierd that it doesn't seem to exist! UserName and TeamNumber were both fine.

This is the preliminary stuff in the log:

[17:52:43] - Preparing to get new work unit...
[17:52:43] + Attempting to get work packet
[17:52:43] - Connecting to assignment server
[17:52:44] - Successful: assigned to (171.64.122.139).
[17:52:44] + News From Folding@Home: Welcome to Folding@Home
[17:52:44] Loaded queue successfully.
[17:52:52] + Closed connections
[17:52:52]
[17:52:52] + Processing work unit
[17:52:52] Core required: FahCore_79.exe
[17:52:52] Core not found.
[17:52:52] - Core is not present or corrupted.
[17:52:52] - Attempting to download new core...
[17:52:52] + Downloading new core: FahCore_79.exe
[17:52:53] + 10240 bytes downloaded
...
[17:53:02] + 838702 bytes downloaded
[17:53:02] Verifying core Core_79.fah...
[17:53:02] Signature is VALID
[17:53:02]
[17:53:02] Trying to unzip core FahCore_79.exe
[17:53:02] Decompressed FahCore_79.exe (2334720 bytes) successfully
[17:53:02] + Core successfully engaged
[17:53:07]
[17:53:07] + Processing work unit
[17:53:07] Core required: FahCore_79.exe
[17:53:07] Core found.
[17:53:07] Working on Unit 04 [December 9 17:53:07]
[17:53:07] + Working ...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:54 pm
by bruce
I've asked the PandeGroup to check on this, especially since you might not be the only one having the same problem.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:35 am
by .Walrus.
My current WU on this processor, name of non-public WU removed ('sorto'), can also not be found on the project summary page.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:05 am
by .Walrus.
As far as I can tell, p2307_BBA5 is the only WU I've done that used the DGromacs core (core 79) and enabled SSE2 if that helps at all.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:13 am
by sortofageek
.Walrus. wrote:My current WU on this processor, name of WU removed ('sorto'), can also not be found on the project summary page.


You have a private message.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:34 am
by ed
Hi,

unfortunately that server had trouble writing to one of its disks which resulted in loosing the data. I inform Alex and we should be able to figure out a way to account for the lost work.

Thanks for catching this,
Ed

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:39 pm
by .Walrus.
Ah right. Thanks for getting back so quickly, puts my mind at ease. I was worried it was a client side problem and all the WU's I was doing were going to start disappearing!