repeat project

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

ccsergent

repeat project

Post by ccsergent »

I noticed the project I'm running now, 6382 (7, 78, 29), had been run before on my laptop. seems to be wasting resource, if it is a repeat. I recognized it by the project description, not the (#s). Does it have anything to do with the fact that I've recently acquired a passkey? but sure why it should matter?
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: repeat project

Post by 7im »

There are thousands of work units inside each project number. It's not a duplicate. Track it by all the numbers, not just the Project 6382 number.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
davidcoton

Post by davidcoton »

The project description applies to the Whole project -- anything with the same four-digit number. The other three numbers identify individual units within the project. They stand for Run, Generation, Clone. AFAIK there is more info about these somewhere on the FAH site.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

Your system can be assigned many different WU's from the same project. The full designation of a WU includes the Project, Run, Clone and Gen numbers. So unless all 4 numbers are the same, they are different WU's and each is contributing towards completing the project.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3