Stuck reading FAHCore header

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Mastergod666

Stuck reading FAHCore header

Post by Mastergod666 »

now stuck on 07:55:45:WU00:FS00:Connecting to cores.foldingathome.org:80
07:55:45:ERROR:WU00:FS00:Exception: Failed reading core package header.

it's normal that is so damn difficult to start fold? 3 days that say that
AncientElevator9

Re: Stuck reading FAHCore header

Post by AncientElevator9 »

I've got the same problem, but I've only had it installed for a couple hours. Maybe if you post your CPU specs from CPU-Z then people might have a better idea.

I noticed that in the system requirements it said you need a CPU with SSE2 / AVX or higher instruction set support.

Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

Generally this message comes about if the folding client is being blocked from downloads by a firewall or other anti-malware software running. If you could post the first 100-200 lines of the log file, that would be useful in figuring out if that is the problem or something else. Directions for locating and posting the log are in the Welcome topic - viewtopic.php?f=61&t=26036.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
JimboPalmer

Post by JimboPalmer »

AncientElevator9 wrote:I noticed that in the system requirements it said you need a CPU with SSE2 / AVX or higher instruction set support.
SSE2 support came with the Pentium 4 in 2000, so it would be unusual not to have this older feature.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE2

AVX came with the second generation Sandy Bridge Cores (i3, i5, or i7) in 2011, so a fair number of CPUs support this advanced feature. (in both cases, non Intel CPU support will lag slightly)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_ ... Extensions

If your Operating System is before 2013, it may not have AVX support, even with AVX capable hardware.

As near as I can tell, there is no issue with 32 bit versus 64 bit OSs for CPU Work Units. (unlike GPUs)
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends