I am disappointed with my current experience...

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Scampions

I am disappointed with my current experience...

Post by Scampions »

I downloaded Folding @ Home on my computer and started my participation in the project which I find fanstastic.
I created a username as shown (F @ H must be in the MyName_MyBitgAddress format so that your contribution can be recognized and the rewards are automatically sent to your BITG wallet address.)

I earned 3,895,487 points by contributing 40 work units. My work unit was last registered an hour ago.

I joined the project 251327 under the name of : Excavator_GMPKrryqHVeEe6tkEm27cSnJFXovfte5Y4

I do not receive any reward for the computing power and therefore for my contribution. I believe in this project and have also started a Masternodes.
Your pages state that Bitg earned are donated every three hours.

I have correctly set my F @ H username.
Is there a problem now?
Can someone explain to me?
Thank you for your support...
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: I am disappointed with my current experience...

Post by Joe_H »

Welcome to the folding support forum.

We can help you with the folding client, and problems getting WUs and points credited. However your negative experience is from a third party that has no official connection with Folding@home. Any awards beyond points are from specific teams and organizations other than F@h, you will need to check their pages, not F@h's, for when and how such rewards are given out.

The official websites connected with Folding@home are foldingathome.org and this forum. There are also Twitter, Facebook and Discord channels that have official connection to F@h. In this case the Bitg site is only connected with their team, and uses the points awarded by F@h to determine how they divide up the available coins to their members.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Scampions

Post by Scampions »

Thanks for your reply, I created a connection to the Bitg discord and am trying to find a solution.
If that doesn't work, I abandon this project. Good night
Scampions

Post by Scampions »

Here is the explanation:

nadroj.py — 10/03/2021

I done further analysis on this issue, and it requires more work than I thought, changes under the hood and additional columns on SQL tables to fully resolve. Every 3hrs the back-end functionality that powers automatic payouts takes a snapshot from Folding@Home's API, this is used to compare the recent and previous snapshot to calculate how much work was done in-between. When Folding@Home's API fails, snapshots will still happen but the SQL filtering to calculate how much work has been done uses a function called OFFSET in PostgreSQL which doesn't work too well on duplicate columns...

Whilst it might be a rare occurrence that Folding@Home's API goes down, I don't want to turn it back on without having a solution in place to ensure payouts run smooth, fair and constant with no room for failure.

My main priority right now is building the UI swap tool, so for now Folding@Home payouts will be placed in maintenance to put full focus on the swap tool. Once complete, my full attention is back on this where I'll implement a solution and build it to work on the new chain too.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

Sounds like they are using the wrong tool to get the points reports. The supported method is the flat files that can be downloaded from the official stats page, one for teams and one gives the individual donor points.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
bruce

Post by bruce »

As Joe_H said, we are responsible for the points. We have no connection with Bitg or any of the other cybercoin sites (and there are several :!: ) The flat files are reasonably dependable. The API has been recently undergoing changes.

If you're not happy with bitg, try one of the other cybercoin sites.

This site supports the scientific research done by FAH and as far as we are concerned you are donating resources to curing disease. Many of us choose to donate those resources ex[ecting no financial reward. Others have joined one of the cybercoin sites that has proven to be dependable. I am not in a position to recommend any one of them. That's strictly up to you to make a choice.
gunnarre

Post by gunnarre »

As bruce says, some of the payment schemes are more dependable than others based on competence and/or honesty. And the cryptocurrency market is more full of scams than the Eve Online economy, so personally I'd advise against keeping a lot of assets on any particular site. F@H has no official opinion on it though.
Online: GTX 1660 Super, GTX 1080, GTX 1050 Ti 4G OC, RX580 + occasional CPU folding in the cold.
Offline: Radeon HD 7770, GTX 960, GTX 950